SidT (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

It is with great sadness that I have to break the news of Sid's passing. Sid's Daughter Lorraine has emailed me this morning.

John Sidney Thomas, husband to Shirley and Father of Lorraine and Graham passed away in Arrow Park Hospital on the Wirral in the early hours of this morning.

Sid had been poorly for a while and they had kept the motorhome on the drive in hope. But after a stroke and some falls, the most recent breaking his hip. He then contracted pneumonia and despite a change of medication, it seems he was to week to fight it.

My wife has spoken with Shirley briefly this morning on the telephone. I doubt it has sunken in yet.

know as "Sid" and was a great fan of motorhomefacts, where I can no longer make any posts. I would be grateful if anyone who is still a member on MHF could pass on the news.

We had many happy get togethers with Sid & Shirl. In the UK and abroad and very often they came over for dinner and had some great times. We had not seen them since last year when we visited last. Sid will be missed greatly by us both.

If you wish to send a card to the Family, have lost contact details and wish to be kept informed. Please send me a private message and I will reply when I know more.

Trevor.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Rest in peace Sid, condolences to the family.
Have copied and posted to the dark side.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Have had a response from Gaspode, not sure if I cn copy it to the main forum, but will do it as a pm to the OP

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Admin on MHF has posted

If Shirley or another of Sid's family want to post anything here send me a PM and I'll try to set up an account for them to do so.

members have asked about funeral arrangements so might help.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Morning,

I have just had an telephone call from Sid's Wife Shirley. She has asked that I pass on the details from an email regarding Sid's funeral.

Quote:

Hi Everyone,
This is just a quick line to let you know that we have finally managed to set a date for Dad's funeral. The time of day is not the best, but the availability is tight at the moment and to have a different time would have meant putting the service off another 10 days or so.
The funeral service is being held at Blacon Crematorium, Blacon Avenue, Blacon, Chester, CH1 5BB on Friday 17 March at 9.20 am. Notices are going in next weeks Wirral Globe and next Thursdays Liverpool Echo and will include a note asking for family flowers only please, and dontations if desired to Myaware (formerly named Mysthenia Gravis Association) and can be made via Williams Funeral Directors 0151-355-6128.
We are still working on a location for the refreshments following the service and will get the details to you all when arrangements have been made.
Mum sends her thanks for all your support and condolences.

Please feel free to post on MHFacts

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sincere condolences to all concerned

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements