sidelight problem (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Hi, I have a problem with my 07 citroen relay, had a bulb failure light come on and drivers rearlight was not on so changed bulb and when I tried it it flashed on then went off,I have checked bulb and contacts but no luck drivers front side light also goes off,hand book is useless does not list sidelights in the fuses so I am at a bit of a loss,it seems odd that it comes on for a second or so then goes off, Is there a relay or something or is it fulty wiring somewhere,
Thanks in advance

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
normally this is down to a bad earth contact for the light cluster. check and clean any plugs and if necessary run a new earth wire back to the chassis

its also been known for a "cheap" bulb to not be accepted by the bulb failure circuit. only use quality bulbs of the correct type and wattage

hope this helps

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I will hopefully send you in the right direction, and you will realise that if you pay your ÂŁ10 it will be the best thing you ever did. :winky:::bigsmile:

Our dearest friend had the same problem. :Doh:

See this: Broken Link Removed

:Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatteris
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Thanks for the replys, I have replaced front sidelight bulb just in case ,battery was flat when i went to start it and after jumpstart check engine light was on so after a run to charge up a bit disconnected battery for 40 minutes,reconnected and check engine light and bulb warning were off but as soon s i tried sidelights bulb failure came back on,had check with multimeter and only getting around 9.5 volts on relavent pin on plug at rear light,brake light has 12volts and brake lights and indicators all work ok.
not sure what to check next

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Just to give this a bump, have you had any luck yet ? :Doh:

Well done subscribing and welcome to fun, lets hope someone sees your problem and can help. :thumb: Bob.

:flyingwelcome:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
ok this may sound daft but try it.

take the side light bulb that flashes on then off and try it in the other side effectively swapping the bulbs.
if the problem moves then buy a good quality replacement bulb not a cheapie.

I had a tail light out on mine at Lincoln show the other year and encountered this very problem.
the canbus system seems to have a very fine tolerance of the resistance of bulbs if they are not right it will flash on then shut down.
we got round this by swapping the bulb with my parents non canbus motorhome and have not had a problem since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatteris
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Had another look today had all bulbs out and checked resistance but all seemed ok,took out head light unit for a closer look and to check connections and have slightly improved problem as after a battery disconnect warning light was off and when i turned lights on it was a couple of minutes before sidelight went out and warning light came on,so i am thinking its maybe a dodgy connector rather than a bulb,

OP
OP
chatteris
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
still not fixed it had another go today headlight has water in it so took it out and dried it out
checked wiring for high resistance but all seems ok,might try a new headlight

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back