Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi all, I'm looking to get hold of two 2" long cam locks for my motorhome, to fit an 1" 3/4" thick door. Having tried Motorhome Medics and RVMobile I,m unable to find any ?

I have found them on a US site but the postage is way too much ,does anyone have a supplier they can recommend in the UK ?

Any help is appreciated.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Frank

I am sure you have had a good look on t'internet but I have had a go as well, it seems that the length/wall thickness is the problem, I think you can get them with extended stud length on the back for the lock bar but that would still need some sort of inverted top hat on the inside of the locker door to get the thickness down.

Sorry I cant really help but at least it bumps your request back up the page.

Martin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
This any good?

Link Removed

They're called cam locks. A firm called Fast Key Services seems to have a lot of different types.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You should get exactly what you want HERE every bit of vehicle hardware known, with good specification drawings too check out their catalouge

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks to all for your suggestions,but so far no luck. Will keep on trying to find in the UK,but it may be that I will have to pay the high postage costs ! Will wait and see if anyone else comes up with retailer for a couple of weeks,if not then I will have to concede defeat.Thank you all,regards Frank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Thanks to all for your suggestions,but so far no luck. Will keep on trying to find in the UK,but it may be that I will have to pay the high postage costs ! Will wait and see if anyone else comes up with retailer for a couple of weeks,if not then I will have to concede defeat.Thank you all,regards Frank.

try @caktanks. They have some in there catalogue (online)

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks to all for your help,found a couple of long cam locks at RS Components and they were just long enough to fit.Regards to all, Frank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back