Shwd mae?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by angeh, Jul 3, 2012.

1. angeh

angeh Read Only Funster

Hello, I'm new! I had been a member in the past but life got silly busy and things change. I was always more of an observer than a contributer though! Anyway I am also looking for advice. We (that's myself, the husband and two daughters 15 and 13) are off on hols in August, firstly calling in Alton Towers, then Manchester (these kids want to do an indoor sky dive????) and then Liverpool. Does anyone have any good suggestions on a nice area to stay in Liverpool - I'm happy to drive almost anywhere just don't fancy inner city parking so a public transport route is a must. We are also well equipped for wild camping so any suggestions would be great. We usually do Southern Brittany so I need all the help I can to make this trip appealing to me!!

2. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Iawn dioch

I for one would not consider taking a MH into the centre of Liverpool, having worked there and lived outside its not a good idea.

I cant suggest a 'safe' place to park, but no doubt someone will be able to tell you where...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi and welcome from West Wales, cold one today isn't it? No idea about camping near Liverpool, but there are a few funsters who do, so I'm sure you'll get some suggestions.

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We visited Liverpool last year, stopped at Delamere Forest C&CC site and travelled in by train. The train station is next to the campsite, change at Chester.

Brisey.

5. angeh

angeh Read Only Funster

Thanks for the welcome. I had looked at that Delamere site, and think it is probably the best idea. I haven't used the motorhome since January so can't wait.

Thanks once again

6. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I think locking wheel nuts are advisable in Liverpool:BigGrin:

:hardhat:

7. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Liverpool visit

Hello I think the best place for you to go is the caravan club site at southport its a short journey in by train and a good site I have stayed there many times, parking in liverpool can be quite expensive and there are no sites in central liverpool which is a shame as its a really good place to visit so much to see and do :Laughing: there is a c.c. site on the wirral another journey in by train/ferry :thumb: