Rally Chat Shrewsbury for New Year 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

Kae Otic

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Newtown, Powys, Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta 2007
Exp
4 Months
May well be interested in this but only from 31st Dec (7pm ish) to 2nd Jan - will chat to Dawn & contact site tomorrow if it is a goer. Sounds fun!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
May well be interested in this but only from 31st Dec (7pm ish) to 2nd Jan - will chat to Dawn & contact site tomorrow if it is a goer. Sounds fun!

That's great, just let us know when you book.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
you need to phone between 10 and 4 to book and pay for this phone number is 01743 289831 Jan Forrest - Admin Officer
The last email I got from Jan, was that their communications and electric were down due to ongoing work, and that they'd be in touch when re-connected.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
should we all be arranging some music silly hats etc etc for this

Well I was thinking that this is starting to look like a serious get together and I was going to ask somebody to volunteer to put some music on for the New Year's Eve do, so thanks for the offer(y). I will post some more ideas when I get back to the van tonight.

Martin

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2:Arrive Thursday & leave Saturday.:party2:

A couple of things Jan mentioned - if we decide to walk into town it's advisable to carry a torch as the pathway isn't lit. No fixed 'must not arrive by/leave by' times and there is no docking facility for the water taxi.(y)

I guess we'll have to swim:eek:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
:party2:Arrive Thursday & leave Saturday.:party2:

A couple of things Jan mentioned - if we decide to walk into town it's advisable to carry a torch as the pathway isn't lit. No fixed 'must not arrive by/leave by' times and there is no docking facility for the water taxi.(y)

I guess we'll have to swim:eek:

Last time we were there we walked back by the road at about midnight it's not much further and was very quiet.

If you get there too early on the Wednesday you will be the before me, it doesn't matter except you won't have a welcoming smiling face.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi all

Bookings coming along nicely now, I have just e-mailed Jan asking what kitchen facilities there are with the room and a couple other questions so will update that position when I have a reply.

I am assuming that we will all be a fairly sociable lot that are coming and we will want to have a get together on New Year's Eve rather than try to do our own thing in town.

We have the room so my suggestion is that we have an American supper/Jacobs table type affair where everybody brings some food, not enough to feed 5000 just something to add to the collection, the basic rule that I read on here some while ago was "as soon as you put it down on the table you cease to own it" so if you bring smoked salmon and caviar don't expect to get to eat it.

We could do with a bit of musical entertainment so if somebody could volunteer to bring a "boom box" that would be great, possibly a quiz or two for one of the evenings. A bit of a silly theme for New Year's Eve would be in the spirit of things so wigs, silly hats or full fancy dress but again nothing is compulsory so whatever you are comfortable with.

We can come and go as we please as far as the room is concerned so on the other evenings do whatever you want, join in with others or do your own thing, dais ally we will make it up as we go on.

I am sure we will have a few dogs and somebody has asked will there be fireworks, I said no we wouldn't be having anything on our field but can't vouch for the rest of the town.

Bacon butties on New Year's Day but if you think 10am will be too early we can put it back a touch, we will have a blackboard somewhere and update plans locally.

That's it for now, any suggestions SHOUT UP.

Martin and Jen

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
We are booked. Sounds like a fun gathering. Will arrive late am on Wednesday. Look forward to meeting you all there.
See Martin I have posted at last!
Kaye

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @KayeB

See it didn't hurt.

I will add that Kaye and Dave have been to the showground before and know where we are parking so have volunteered to get there before 12 on Wednesday just in case we are late.

As long as everybody else arrives after 12 there will be somebody to meet you and show you where to park. If you want to arrive earlier than this by hours or even days if you wish you need to contact Jan or Ian who took your booking and they will meet you on site and park you up.

Directions to the showground will be posted later and it will be worth taking note as there is a low bridge if you come the wrong way, it would not be good to start the festivities with a driver vs navigator fight or even worse a lower motorhome than you set off with.

I have had confirmation from Jan regarding the kitchen attached to the room that we are using, it does have a sink and fridge but no cooker or microwave, we will be able to plug in a kettle or two so will be OK for tea and coffee.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is the list so far for New Year at Shrewsbury. If you have booked but don't appear here let me know.

KayeB
Funflair
JockandRita
Meggie
Mitzimad
Meanders
Petensal
Taran_Las
Pinkgin
Haganap

That's 10 so far, but still got space for a few more.

Just to remind anybody who is thinking about it.

Nice pitch with electric and close to the town centre.
Our own room for getting together.
American supper for NYE.
Bacon buns New Years Day.
Company of fellow FUNSTERS what's not to like, only £15 per night.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
This is the list so far for New Year at Shrewsbury. If you have booked but don't appear here let me know.

KayeB
Funflair
JockandRita
Meggie
Mitzimad
Meanders
Petensal
Taran_Las
Pinkgin
Haganap

That's 10 so far, but still got space for a few more.

Just to remind anybody who is thinking about it.

Nice pitch with electric and close to the town centre.
Our own room for getting together.
American supper for NYE.
Bacon buns New Years Day.
Company of fellow FUNSTERS what's not to like, only £15 per night.

Martin
Aren't Pink Gin and Haganap two in one Martin, making it 9 so far? ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ah OK Jock cheers.

Jim and Julie from N+B going to join us so one one down.

I will update the list later when a few others have added their names to the list:LOL:

Martin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Can you put The Badknees names on the list please, I've just booked by phone. We will be arriving on Thur 31st,and leaving Sunday 3rd. :)

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Hi we have booked will arrive 31st leaving sunday the 3ed Thank's

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

I now make it 14 booked on for New Year, as follows.

KayeB
Funflair
JockandRita
meggie
mitzimad
meanders
petensal
Taran_Las (edited but I was tempted to leave it as Tarzan_Las)
Haganap
Jim&Julie
Badknee
Lunarman
Lofty1
Red Sonja

Thanks all

Martin

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun