Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Why do people use the showers in their Motorhomes,??i just cant understand it.
The showers on the camp sites are excellent,as much hot water as you want to use, and i love to use those rather than my own.We have been doing this for over 2 years now and have never felt the urge to shower in the Motorhome.I guess i will get a bit of stick from you all but i really am happy using showers on sites.I dont do wild camping, so perhaps thats what i ought to try.Does any-one else out there NOT use their Motorhome Shower???
just thought i would ask,hope you dont mind.Its great to get other peoples ideas and thoughts on different subjects.

Mo :whatthe:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Why do people use the showers in their Motorhomes,??i just cant understand it.

I can't understand why people use site showers when they have one in the van.. makes no sense to me.. but we are all different ..

We have a full size domestic shower, tons of hot water and good pressure.. with no chance of catching a nasty bug from the floor ..

For me, site showers are like hotel beds.. don't know who was there before you and what they left behind :Eeek:

Nor do I want to pay for a facility I don't need or want, so we avoid high priced sites and either use CLs or Aires.. with no facilities.. that's why I bought a motorhome.. to be independent.. :winky:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We only use the M/H shower. Half the time we are away we have no facilities on site and the rest of the time I could'nt be bothered to walk to the shower block.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Hi Mo
I use my shower all the time makes a great place to store the silverscreens.

John.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
There's nothing better that having a shower drying of then jumping into bed, the thought of getting dressed again and walking back to the van just does not appeal to me, but then I'm a wild camper and I don't go onto camping site so I'm not likely to try it.

Horses for courses.....

Doug...

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
showers in motorhome

hi no way do we use the shower in the motorhome you pay your site fees to make use of the free showers etc why shower in the motorhome dont matter how careful you are you only want a small pin prick hole at the bottom of the wall inline with the shower tray and thats when your proplems start with rot and smelling damp etc plus the steam from showering tony and marlene

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Quote From tony:
thats when your proplems start with rot and smelling damp etc plus the steam from showering tony and marlene

You shower tony and marlene? can't they shower themselves or is it a roleplay thing :winky:

I use the free onsite showers and washing up sinks as they are nice and free............if they were crap I'd move or use my shower.

I do use my shower for filling the washing machine and washing my hair some mornings when i'm late for work :thumb:

Boo

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
whats a campsite? oh yes its one of those places where vans are that close you almost have to walk in each others vans with doors open .like a boat marina. then pay amonths value of groceries to stay . cant let your dog out or make lots of noise. read about them some where.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
whats a campsite? oh yes its one of those places where vans are that close you almost have to walk in each others vans with doors open .like a boat marina. then pay amonths value of groceries to stay . cant let your dog out or make lots of noise. read about them some where.

if thats your opinion of all campsites you need to look harder. Not all sites are like that and you know it. why o why this wild camp v campsite thing keeps emerging, god knows.

we wild camp, we also use selected sites and cl type sites. each to their own an each to enjoy what they choose.

as for the original poster? we just dop neither, why shower when you can just be dirty for a couple of weeks? plenty of good deodrants on the market.:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If staying at a site where there are showers then we use them. At rallies or ECWS events (which count for about half of our trips) then we use the shower in the van.

I agree with Doug (horses for courses) and Jim (we are all different).

Do what you are happy with.

Graham

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No

don't know if you have ever stayed on a campsite, but if you have you have been unlucky if thats the way you perceive the majority of them, not been our experience at all, don't mind paying reasonable prices, have more time away than we would if we didn't have a motorhome, you can let your pets out but on a lead, which is what a reponsible owner should always do anyway, we do make noise during he dayand into the night (you should try a funsters meet sometime) but why would you want to make a lot of noise outside after 12 midnight.

as haganap says each to their own, wildcamp or campsites we all have the choice, and some mix and match, some only campsite, some only wildcamp, but hey isn't that what motorhoming is all about freedom of choice.

Wherever you traevel and wherever you stay just enjoy it.::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
as it says on the top of the page .motormome fun. we ,re only having a laugh. share a shower save water. :thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
showers

Looking at he threads most of you have BIG rigs with BIG showers and carry BIG amounts of water etc and have BIG attitudes to site users!. My panal van has a small shower and we have used it when off site but when on a site we do use the site showers! No big deal, so why the critism of those who go on sites. It's as if we were some sort of aliens.I've had more fun on sites than I have sitting on an empty beach lovely tho it was!!! It's called ""personal choice"" :thumb: and I've met some miserable opionated "Freedom Campers":Eeek:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We use the MH shower on the aires and CLs but on campsites if they are clean we use them, but most of the time its too much hassle to go to the camp showers.
Plus if you use the MH shower you only stay in for a short time we only carry 75 litres
but we can get 2 showers, then muggins has to go and fill up the tank and empty the grey waste but hey its what its all about!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its called friendly rivalry. the original post knocks people who dont use site showers , have fun, pass a few remarks dont get upset . we,ve all used sites at some time ,the question was loaded ready for remarks. alot of sites dont want large campers on them so i wild camp. shower no probs. washing machine , spin drier, luxury without sites , but dont worry i dont object to others using sites. its what choice is all about. its only a game we play.:thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
One of our favourite things in our 5er is the shower :thumb:

We previously had a 14ft touring caravan which had no shower, so we had no choice but to go through the tedious task of dressing, walking to the shower block and undressing again to shower - in whatever conditions were available.

It's sheer luxury to us to be able to get out of bed and straight into the shower in perfect conditions. ::bigsmile:

We know which we prefer. :thumb: :thumb:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Why do people use the showers in their Motorhomes,??i just cant understand it.The showers on the camp sites are excellent,as much hot water as you want to use, and i love to use those rather than my own.We have been doing this for over 2 years now and have never felt the urge to shower in the Motorhome.I guess i will get a bit of stick from you all but i really am happy using showers on sites.I dont do wild camping, so perhaps thats what i ought to try.Does any-one else out there NOT use their Motorhome Shower???
just thought i would ask,hope you dont mind.Its great to get other peoples ideas and thoughts on different subjects.

Mo :whatthe:

Guess at the end of the day .... those of us who like to use our onboard showers :thumb: help keep the queue shorter & the water hotter, for all you folk who like to use the site showers :winky:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Its a pretty simple decision for me. I don't have a shower in my van because there isn't enough room to fit one! So when i go on site one of the first things i do is check out the shower/toilet block.

Most are generally clean and ok but i stayed on a site last year near Berlin and the shower and toilet block there was absolutely amazing......best i've ever seen anywhere. Huge double sized showers, fully tiled throughout, all sinks set in marble tops. No matter how plush or well fitted your rv or mh may be, it would never match what i found at this site.

Link Removed

I shall be going back there again this year.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp

Oh! I do like that:thumb:

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
showers

:Smile: Hi to all,re showers,we use ours all the time,as said previously,you cant be too carefull,not everyone is as clean as yourself.Also not all the sites have a disabled toilet,so as my wife needs help our own fullfills that requirement.
And another thing,when wild camping a wash in a stream or wee burn is fine but you cant beat a good hot shower eh !!!
Enjoy while you can and let the kids look after themselves,we had too !!!: BigGrin:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
:Smile: Hi to all,re showers,we use ours all the time,as said previously,you cant be too carefull,not everyone is as clean as yourself.Also not all the sites have a disabled toilet,so as my wife needs help our own fullfills that requirement.
And another thing,when wild camping a wash in a stream or wee burn is fine but you cant beat a good hot shower eh !!!
Enjoy while you can and let the kids look after themselves,we had too !!!: BigGrin:

My God! you must be tough buggers up north, what do you use to brake the ice?:winky:

Doug...

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Agree each to their own and all that, but if you dont use your Motorhome shower, maybe you should trade in the Motorhome for a tent :Doh: ::bigsmile:

this thread has been a good read. :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I spend ages in the shower so would probabley run outa water and blow up the hot water heater in the process.

Its ok if there is a city water supply but other than that its towel over the sholder and brave the elements to the shower block.

Cant be done with all that filling up water tanks and then disposing of it again.

Problem with the shower block is that you cant mess with your telly and sat dish there
Jim
:Smile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Always use the shower in the RV. Usually because we are in the middle of nowhere diving and there is no choice!! :ROFLMAO:

However when we do go on sites i still use the RV shower, i cant be bothered trudging across fields to get into a shower used by God knows who with God knows what. :Eeek:

Why buy a motorhome with a shower if you have no intention of using it? Surely the space would be better used as living accomodation :Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Always use the shower in the RV. Usually because we are in the middle of nowhere diving and there is no choice!! :ROFLMAO:

However when we do go on sites i still use the RV shower, i cant be bothered trudging across fields to get into a shower used by God knows who with God knows what. :Eeek:

Why buy a motorhome with a shower if you have no intention of using it? Surely the space would be better used as living accomodation :Smile:

Hi Dazzer

If your wild camping and I assume that you are because you said you were in the middle of nowhere, where do you get all the water from to use your shower and where do you dispose of it all.

Jim
:Smile:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Hi Dazzer

If your wild camping and I assume that you are because you said you were in the middle of nowhere, where do you get all the water from to use your shower
Jim

No problem getting water all over Australia, Europe, Iceland and Morocco. Scotland also no problem, but rest of UK required a bit of a hunt for accessible taps.

where do you dispose of it all

Probably best to fall back on the "I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back