Shower trays by "Cracks 'r' Us" (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
A brand new Hobby's shower should last longer than a year before throwing in the towel, don't you think. It's a common fault too if I'm not mistaken. Spongy underfoot and eventually the cracks start to appear. Then, well in my case, some calls to the agent who sold us Jinksy in an attempt to get it fixed. Jesus - what a performance that was. So, now that we're back in France and Jinksy is ready for a winter of fun somewhere south of the Pyrenees the problem of the cracked tray went straight to Defcon 1. I decided that NO - there was no way I was driving to Germany to get it fixed, even if I could get an appointment. Last time I tried that - they said they could fit me in in four months time!! Solution time had come. One tube of expanding mousse, one drill, a roll of sticky tape and an hour cooped up in the bathroom. Result - a rock hard floor after twenty four hours for the mousse to harden. Yes there were a few holes but I've sealed them and am confident that the whole thing is waterproof (not that I ever use it as a shower anyway).

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Flipping heck
12 month old van, and yiur drilling the shower tray, I would have taken it back to the dealer,
Sounds a good job youve done, but would be bloody fuming

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Flipping heck
12 month old van, and yiur drilling the shower tray, I would have taken it back to the dealer,
Sounds a good job youve done, but would be bloody fuming
Me to! What I cant understand is that our 22 year old Hymer has a wetroom floor built out of, (it seems), bomb proof German bunker material........And yet modern kit, (22 years is a long time to improve anything), is, it seems, manufactured to a much lower standard, at ten times the money..........:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
I am fuming but i think the lesson from all of this is that it's better to forget about expecting after sales service when it just isn't there and just get on with travelling. The shower tray is a smallish item so i've just got on with sorting it myself. Besides i'd prefer to be in Sicily than frankfurt

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
tootles - you're dead right there but I had to buy new for various reasons. next upgrade will be to a twenty year old hymer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done.

I would have done exactly the same as Mr Ponyboy.

Wait for months for spare parts made by the same people that made the one that cracked... and guess what?

PB's shower tray is now better than it was when he bought the van.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back