shower tray (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We just started to use our shower more often as been on French aires the past week and have noticed if we park nose down a leak from under the panel outside the shower . There is a slot in the panel under the washroom door which looks like its there on purpose so you can spot any leaks . I wonder if its the waste trap under the tray there a couple of vents in the rear locker behind has anyone else had this on a chausson flash3

David

OP
OP
The Wino
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
problem is I think it leaks anyway but we only see it when we park nose down :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it may be a hairline crack in the plastic tray.... a pretty common annoyance

fixing it by the factory directions means dismantling the shower room to replace it then reinstalling everything on top. if out of warranty it would be cheaper to get the tray sprayed with flexible bed liner as used in pickup trucks and freezer vans. from experience the spray liner option is more permanent as even replacement trays crack, but the liner is self healing and remains flexible

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Wino
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have crawled over the shower tray can't see any cracks although the dog hairs....the get everywhere...dont help!!!!

Upvote 0

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
We had this problem with our flash 09
The problem seems to be that the shower tray is not laid completely flat, and therefore has some flex, usually around the plug area.ours developed a hairline crack in the channel that runs round the edge of the tray near the plug.
It was only noticeable when you stood on it and it flexed.
I took the vent covers off, and put 2 small wooden wedges in to lift the tray from underneath, only a few mm, I them injected some expanding foam between the shower tray and base, after a few minutes I pulled the wedges out and let it all harden.
Now when I stand on the tray there is no movement and flexing.
I then used some plastic weld to rejoin the crack, up to now it is leak free.
I enquired hoe much a new tray was from chausson, £500!!!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the spray on liner method costs about £100 - £200 depending on size and damage, so half the price of a replacement tray.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
Speed coat over the tray just had it done letting it set for a few days ,but if you have it done you cannot use your m/h for a few days it stinks the m/h out

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back