shower tray (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi guys, Gas sorted now on to the next job. grrrr

Just noticed the Shower Tray has a split in it, do I have to go to Auto-trail to get a new one or can I get one from a motor-home dealer.
:helpsos:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if its not a bad split you could always repair it, there is a special sealant that you can get, a friends shower tray split and the caravan repair guy they use repaired their tray using it. its like a clear rubberised gell. Saved them forking out for the cost of a new one

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Just noticed the Shower Tray has a split in it, do I have to go to Auto-trail to get a new one or can I get one from a motor-home dealer.

Think yourself lucky that you dont have a Swift suntor 630g. I had to shell out £800 for mine to be replaced.

If you do have a new one fitted make sure that it is injected with foam under the tray if the is any chance that the tray can move, it was the movement that broke the one I had.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Hi Rob & Chris......try these O'leary's Motorhomes, I use to go here when I lived in England...his place was out in the country like a little aladins cave

..Link Removed

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

mickt

Free Member
Dec 15, 2007
SUFFOLK
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE
Exp
10 years
Think yourself lucky that you dont have a Swift suntor 630g. I had to shell out £800 for mine to be replaced.

If you do have a new one fitted make sure that it is injected with foam under the tray if the is any chance that the tray can move, it was the movement that broke the one I had.

Doug...

Just had my shower tray repaired at BRANFIBRE . They repair tray in situe by fibre glassing over existing and then apply new gel coat . The process takes less than a day,

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Getting one from a dealer even if they are available will be extre,ely expensive.

If you can get it out put a fibre glass patch underneath where it has split and the possibly make up some ribs underneath for strengthening by using paper tubes as formers and fibre glasing over those, also squirt some expanding foam underneath.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
shower tray repair

Hi guys, the tray has the drain in one corner, the opposite corner has the indent formed for a drain, giving the option to fit the drain at either side.
The tray just split all around the unused drain.
I made some supporting rails out of marine ply slotted them under the hole, cut out a marine ply disc fitted this into the hole and then using a fibre-gel filler filled up to the level of the tray, sanded it off and voila perfect apart from a different colour it`s a solid as a rock.:thumb:
Thanks for all the comments.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back