gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i've had enough of having to re-seal my shower cubicle, and am ripping it out and doing it again.... i've been looking at getting it sprayed with speed liner pickup bed lining stuff, but it'll be £450 plus vat if i totally strip the thing out and remove all silicone etc,

so i'm looking at doing it another way, possibaly protecta kote paint on liner stuff, but i really want to replace my shower tray if i can,

it was cracked when i had the pright idea of using the shower cubicle as storage for 2 crates of coke, you can guess waht happened as we drove along, result was the crate punched through each corner.

i fiberglassed the tray and made it water tight, but it looks orrible, thing is i've not seen the shower tray i have for sale again... well i did in a belgian motorhome accessory shop 4 years ago, but i haddnt cracked it then, so never took any notice.

Below is the tray, the discolouration if from the repairs, and you an see the sealing strips that lift in the middle when they heat up in summer,

the tray is 70 cm square at the outside edges, but if it were square i could get one easily, that angled bit is the problem, but i need to keep that as i have drawers on the other side of the right hand wall, the back wall is an outside wall and the left hand wall is the kitchen on the other side, so i cant fit the pipes anywhere else.

Link Removed

OP
OP
gazznsam

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Scrub that, found them,

it's from a static caravan (i bought it from magnum motorhomes, was the only one he had, all the others were smaller.. now i know why)

found i can get a repair skin for about 80 quid, or a new tray for 100,

but the best bit is i've found the proper shower wall liners, ok they are £250 (well, the plane one is about 180, but i like the one with the molded bits for the soap, built in riser bar etc) but a new tray and a one piece wall liner is cheaper than having it speed linered,

only problem is, the wall liner is one piece obviousely, and that is 70 cm square, the entry door to the motorhome is the usual european size... 50 cm wide,
not to mention the wall liner is 6 foot tall, the entry door is just over 6 foot tall, but has a step inside, so i dont have the full height to play with, and the door into the bathroom is about 50cm wide too, that's over 6 foot tall, but i dont think i can wiggle it about and curve it around the doors (like you get a sofa in a house)

i could cut the liner in half verticaly, then it'd fit, i'd have one seam then, and if i use some of that H section pvc cladding board joiner stuff with the rubber seals, that could be the solution,

the seal from the liner to the tray, i have some of the proper solvent weld stuff they use in static vans for making that seal, goes on like a mastic, but sets a hard plastic.

tuftek coatings

Free Member
Oct 13, 2012
leeds
Funster No
MH
peugeot
Exp
Scrub that, found them,

it's from a static caravan (i bought it from magnum motorhomes, was the only one he had, all the others were smaller.. now i know why)

found i can get a repair skin for about 80 quid, or a new tray for 100,

but the best bit is i've found the proper shower wall liners, ok they are £250 (well, the plane one is about 180, but i like the one with the molded bits for the soap, built in riser bar etc) but a new tray and a one piece wall liner is cheaper than having it speed linered,

only problem is, the wall liner is one piece obviousely, and that is 70 cm square, the entry door to the motorhome is the usual european size... 50 cm wide,
not to mention the wall liner is 6 foot tall, the entry door is just over 6 foot tall, but has a step inside, so i dont have the full height to play with, and the door into the bathroom is about 50cm wide too, that's over 6 foot tall, but i dont think i can wiggle it about and curve it around the doors (like you get a sofa in a house)

i could cut the liner in half verticaly, then it'd fit, i'd have one seam then, and if i use some of that H section pvc cladding board joiner stuff with the rubber seals, that could be the solution,

the seal from the liner to the tray, i have some of the proper solvent weld stuff they use in static vans for making that seal, goes on like a mastic, but sets a hard plastic.
im a speedliner dealer and i re-line the shower trays for a lot less than you were quoted and a fair bit less than the wall liner
cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi again Andy, as I said it can be very useful to be able to point people in the right direction, but unfortunately you have pulled up a old post from 2009, I expect he has it fixed, but you will find this a good forum used to help one another.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back