Shower tray leak. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Only had our 07 plate Swift since feb, last couple of outings we have noticed a small amount of water the other side of the bathroom wall on kitchen floor after shower has been used.

Strangely, although it has happened after I have used the shower, it seems to happen more when my wife who is 10 stones lighter has used it.

Saw a company at Malvern offering a service that would sort any problem, but at £300 plus travel, it seems rather expensive.

My main concern is that there is more water going somewhere else that we can`t see. The amount we can see is quite small.

Are cracks in shower trays a common problem (assuming that`s what it is), and are there any easy fixes?

Only had a quick look and can`t see anything obvious, but to be able to see properly would need to remove the sliding door I think.

Assuming it would need to be done professionally, anyone know of any other companies who offer these types of repairs, ideally in the Midlands?

Thanks

Steve

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve you need to locate where the shower is leaking :thumb:It could be assimple as the seal between shower tray and wall needing resealing or as you say cracks in the tray.These can be sealed but unless you take he tray out and find why it leaked in the first place it will simply crack again :Doh::cry:Chances are the try will need rebedding as a lot of makers do not fix trays in right in the first place hence them cracking-On my Self builds I always stick lots of expanding foam under the shower trays so theyhave a nice solid bed to sit on
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back