Shower thermostat (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Away at present on minimum facility CS in Warwickshire. Completely brassed of with being alternately frozen and scalded so ordering a thermostat from CAK tanks when I return. With the fittings it is the wrong side of £100 but if it works will be well worth it. Owing to its size I may have to fit it in a strange place.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In plenty of the older motorhomes I have owned the shower holds the temperature very well, but only after wasting half the water and a full five minutes getting it just right.::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you have a Surflo pump it should be ok, not sure if the pressure from a submersible would be adequate .. in either case, before buying, I would check that it is suitable for the pressure available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Reallyretired
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My pump is a Shurflo so should be OK. In previous vans I have not found it too much of a problem, but present van is very bad for this. It may actually be due to the output from the pump being too high as it cycles on and off with taps/shower on whereas some more feeble pumps, such as the pathetic little centrifugal in-line pump on my old KonTiki used to run continuously.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
My pump is a Shurflo so should be OK. In previous vans I have not found it too much of a problem, but present van is very bad for this. It may actually be due to the output from the pump being too high as it cycles on and off with taps/shower on whereas some more feeble pumps, such as the pathetic little centrifugal in-line pump on my old KonTiki used to run continuously.

An accumulator form Fiamma would reduce the surging .... Link Removed

would also save water and increase pump life ..

OP
OP
Reallyretired
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
An accumulator form Fiamma would reduce the surging .... Link Removed

would also save water and increase pump life ..

Could help. The thermostat requires a min of 1bar however the accumulator can apparently be adjusted from its standard 0.9bar by pumping more air the other side of the diaphragm.

I think I'll try the thermostat first and add this in afterwards if necessary as the accumulator on its own may improve matters but the temperature will still need balancing each time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Reallyretired
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Thanks for the helpful replies.
I have solved the problem at zero cost. I found the problem, which only happens in cold weather, is due to the cold supply plumbing being heated at some points along its length by the hot air ducting.
Solution is to run the cold water through the shower till it is consistently cold then adjust with the mixer and all is OK. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back