Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Hi all does anybody know how to dismantle shower tap in Hym 544 to replace the micro switch. Thanks Bernie:Smile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
My simple answer to your question is no! However I have just replaced a faulty tap, in my kitchen because the micro switch had gone.
Finding a microswitch for your tap may not be easy, if the switch has gone then perhaps the tap is of an age too in which case replacing the tap ensures no bother again with either tap or switch.

Norman

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We recently had the micro switch stck in the 'open' position-it must have been when I opened tap to drain it after emptying water tank ::bigsmile: Result was it burnt the water pump out !
I replaced whole tap and pump.

Mike.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Done one a while back, can't remember the exact details but from memory you may need to lever off the tap knob or maybe there was just a cover over a large plastic nut that holds the tap in place, once this is undone you can the drop the tap through the panel to gain easier access, again I can't quite remember how the microswitch was held in place but think it just had a cover possibly screwed down over it once you gain access it will just lift out it is not like any microswitch that you normally see more like a bimetal strip with a contact face that makes contact with another strip of metal, so very little to actually go wrong except bad contact, I just folded a tiny bit of 400 grit wet & dry and carefully cleaned the contact faces and reassembled.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back