Nov 4, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hereld insignia
Exp
im a newbie
Hi all
Has anyone encountered yellow discolouration of the sink/units in the shower room? I have just bought a second hand MH and it has a small amount of discolouration, just looks a bit untidy. So Iv'e had a look online and found a product called ....wait for it ...."TUBBY"!! Has anyone used it and does it work?

Ta

mp

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all
Has anyone encountered yellow discolouration of the sink/units in the shower room? I have just bought a second hand MH and it has a small amount of discolouration, just looks a bit untidy. So Iv'e had a look online and found a product called ....wait for it ...."TUBBY"!! Has anyone used it and does it work?

Ta

mp

Not used 'Tubby' (is that really the name??). But, had same discolouration in our previous van bathroom. Tried all sorts of products to remove it but all to no avail. Ended up accepting the 'new' colour scheme.

John

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
My theory is that the yellowing is caused by light. I don't know if its reversible.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have been complaining about same in my silver coloured sink. I have been blaming toothpaste.

Would be really expensive to have new suit because of it. :(

OP
OP
M

mp1962

Free Member
Nov 4, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hereld insignia
Exp
im a newbie
I'm tempted to try this stuff to see if it works, first I will email the makers for advice.

mp

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have a yellowy stain in the bottom of out hand basin in the toilet that was there when we collected the ol' girl
I even tried the drastic measure of using a surface scrapper to try and remove it, but it turned out to be very deeply ingrained
After a LOT of research and false starts, it transpired the problem was caused by, of all things, mouth wash !
It is still there but we have learned to ignore it now :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back