Shower Room - No Water Flowing

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by number9, Jun 28, 2015.

1. number9

number9 Read Only Funster

We have just purchased a 20yr old Peugeot boxer holdsworth tempo. We expected a few niggles on something of this age.

When we turn on the taps in the shower room there isn't any water coming from the taps - but it is leaking along the floor of the van. The water pump is working ok and can be heard alive and well - the working kitchen sink is proof of this.

What I'd like to know is what is the best way of accessing the plumbing - it's probably an easy repair ? There's a side panel between the sinktop and shower tray (two platice pins hold the sinktop to the side and two screws seem to attache the bottomof the side panel to some sort of framework) but before I start cutting out all of the sealant and pulling off panels, is there a preferred way/hints or tips to carrying out this work?

I'm a novice and not a handyman in any way but ! I'm based in Cumbria and if anyone knows of a competent service who can help me sort this out? apart from this the van seems ok and this will give us full functionality to go on the road/tour.

many thanks.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Sorry cant help regarding access to the pipework but it sounds like the pipes have certainly come apart on the pushfit joints...usually frost damage due to not being drained down in winter.

It appears to be on microswitched taps or the pump would run continuously so every time any tap is turned on water will run out the burst pipes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. froghopper43

froghopper43

Hi. Welcome to the world of .. Now I would do it this way!!!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes on the older vans. Mine is 27.the pipes run outside underneath. Worth checking. Can you get access under the bed. This reallywill be a trial and error job. You could be at the side of m6

4. froghopper43

froghopper43

I concur with papajon. It is most likely not a major disaster. Slow and sure. Check the pipes good luck

5. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

I think the method you've described sounds sensible. On some bathroom units access to the underside of the basin is via an adjacent (or under-sink) cupboard. You would have spotted it if this was the case. As far as the leak is concerned it will be the pipework connection to the tap (a Jubillee-type clip) or, worst case, a broken tail on the tap. Either repair will be easy.

6. chaser

chaser Funster

With a van of that age they could be anywhere but its fun getting it right without having to worry too much about scratching anything or owt, my sort of van , part of the fun putting it right, just get in there its all experiance for your next one

7. number9

number9 Read Only Funster

upload_2015-6-28_20-30-40.png
    ...I think a picture might help! This is from the ebay classified advert I originally saw. Plast panel pins above the red lines on the sink part. 4 corner screws hold the tap/shower head part (hidden from view here). Two screws at the foot of the side panel (just out of view).

8. berni109

berni109 Funster

questions
    Do u have a leak in bathroom area when u open kitchen tap? Yes would suggest the leak is before the bathroom tap because the pump will pressurise the whole system.
    If leak only when bathroom tap open then probably tap itself leaking maybe split from frost as already suggested.
    If theres no access from behind (to the right in your picture) then probably need to lift sink out and it might have a lip up behind the back.
    Old plastic can go brittle so be gentle. Look very carefully for all the fixings.