Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Our shower room door locks by the usual push button system. The catch works fine but whilst travelling, especially if going round roundabouts or corners the door will swing open whilst still in the locked position.
Have never had this problem with our other motorhomes but it is a pest on this our new Autosleeper Symbol. Any ideas how to prevent this happening?

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Our shower room door locks by the usual push button system. The catch works fine but whilst travelling, especially if going round roundabouts or corners the door will swing open whilst still in the locked position.
Have never had this problem with our other motorhomes but it is a pest on this our new Autosleeper Symbol. Any ideas how to prevent this happening?
Our wardrobe doors are held shut by magnets, top and bottom. Maybe you could supplement your lock with some. Added benefit, it wouldn't change the operation of the door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
theres often movement in the hinges that flexes with the door. it may be possible to adjust the hinges and the lock keep up to get a better bite of the bolt. its often only in by a couple of millimetres

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
theres often movement in the hinges that flexes with the door. it may be possible to adjust the hinges and the lock keep up to get a better bite of the bolt. its often only in by a couple of millimetres
That's what I was thinking, perhaps putting a spacer in behind the lock plate would be a good idea?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
This is just the occasion when I miss the old "thanks" button, but thanks for all your helpful suggestions I think I will look at Big 1 suggestion first followed and supplemented by Ed Excels magnet suggestion. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back