Shower pulsing.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by browne4573, Oct 20, 2011.

1. browne4573

browne4573 Read Only Funster

When I use the shower my water pump pulses, it's a pressure operated pump, it doesn't seem to do it if I only use the hot water tap, but if I try to mix the two then it starts to pulse.

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Ours does this and we found you have to run the shower at full whack then it is OK. :thumb:

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi you may need an accumilator in line on the cold water supply . mine did start it earlier this year but it was ten years of chalky build up in the shower rose.
    its quite common. you can just turn a tap on just a crack while you use the shower it allows the pump to work and not keep switching off . talk to cak tanks or someone like liesure supplies direct. google water accumilators .

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

you may find an accumulator will help......connects between pump and main water pipe from pump.

Fiamma Accumulator

• Like Like x 1
  5. browne4573

The accumulator wont put too much pressure into my carver 2 water heater?

6. pappajohn

certainly not....how it works....

when the pump push's, water is forced against the diaphragm in the accumulator which in turn is forced against air pressure in the back of the vessel...as the water pump pressure diminishes the diaphragm moves back, being pushed by the air pressure, forcing water back out of the water chamber in the accumulator so it appears there is no 'push and relax' pulse at the pump.....when the pump isn't pushing water, the diaphragm is.

there is no difference in water pressure.....only the flow 'smoothness' is changed

• Like Like x 1
  7. browne4573

Thanks, for the sake of £20 I think i'll give it a go.

8. pappajohn

they only work with diaphragm pumps...Fiamma aqua 8, sureflow etc...which it appears you have due to it pulsing. :thumb:

easy to fit but you may need a short length of new pipe to link the accu and pump unless you have a long-ish pipe run to cut into.

your pump should run around 13psi so adjust the air pressure chamber on the accumulator to around the same pressure....simple enough with a foot pump or (carefully) with an airline....via the inbuilt tyre valve.
    it will need checking/re-inflating from time to time but not very often...maybe yearly.

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi .i find the 7litre a minute pump is ok today we fitted a 10ltr pump and it needs an accumilator . told my mate to get a 7 ltr but then cant he thought a ten would be better , his truck will learn one day. came in readop post small world aint it.