shower leaking help needed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motorhomeautograsser, Apr 25, 2010.

1. motorhomeautograsser

motorhomeautograsser Read Only Funster

can anybody help me I have a bessacarr with a whale shower which has sprung a leak under the handle that you turn off and on and I need to get a replacement bit asap as new to this game can anybody recommend a good spares place live in wales also but most places do mail order:Smile:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi,

If you give us a ring we should be able to help you

Peter

3. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

I'm guessing it's possibly no more than a washer. Ideally you need to take it apart in order to get the correct replacement which you should find at any good caravan/mh dealers or failing that....go to a plumbers merchants where you will quite likely get the same thing but at a fraction of the price!

4. wasp

wasp Funster

It depends on whether it is a turning handle type or the lever type because one is washer and rubber ring repair, and the other is a cartridge replacement you could ask the manufacturer about the model and if spares are available.:thumb::thumb:

5. Fatalhud

Fatalhud Read Only Funster

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

7. neilmac

neilmac Read Only Funster

We had this situation with our Swfit Bel-Air last year, ours has the Whale lift and turn mixer type tap (no integral spout) - not sure whether that's what you have on your Bessacarr.

When dismantled I found that sadly the leak was due to a frost damaged body which had split. No amount of making do with Araldite and the like would hold it together. We were in France at the time and had no joy finding a replacement at any of the Camping Car dealers we tried.

Back in the UK our nearest Swift dealer quoted about 90 odd quid for a new one and 3 weeks to get one :Doh:

Ebay was our best source at about 50 quid and a couple of days for delivery:thumb:

Hope you get it sorted ok.

8. themountaintiger

themountaintiger Read Only Funster

try another shower head??

Im not sure if you have exactly the same problem as I had, but mine was leaking from a joint back from the shower head. I went through the feelings of "oh no" major job, then I thought for the sake of £1.99 from poundstretcher buy another shower head. Screwed that in and all problems solved. Im not sure if there was some issue with the old shower head being smaller than the poundstretcher one which caused the problem, but it solved it. Ive since seen shower heads cheap at other places B & Q etc... If it wasnt to work you'd have a spare shower head at the worst....