Shower curtain for Autohome Merlin VW 1996

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Demelza, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Demelza

Demelza Read Only Funster

After about 3 months searching, we finally bought our first motor home on Saturday. We are really pleased with it and looking forward to a little trip this week to try everything out. It's in excellent condition especially for the year but the shower curtain is missing. I'm assuming that because of the small fittings on the rail you can't just fit any old shower curtain. Does anyone know where we would be able to buy one for this model? Thanks

2. Squire

Squire Read Only Funster

There's nothing special about a shower curtain - they're much the same the world over. I think the best way forward would be to measure up, buy some material and make it up yourself. The 'small fittings on the rail' are used extensively in the caravan industry and are universally available from good accessory shops and people like 0'Leary in Hull. The fittings on yours could well be made by a company such as 'Silentgliss'.

3. Demelza

Thank you for responding to what may have seemed a dumb & trivial question. Just wondered because most shower curtains in Homebase etc have big rings on them. Of course, making your own makes sense. Cheers

4. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I have in the past used large steel paper clips to connect a shower curtain with big rings to a curtain rail which only had the very small rings.
    Fasten the clip on the big ring then connect the paper clip to the small ring.. Simples:thumb:

Worked a treat. In fact I think they are still there...:RollEyes:

5. Demelza

Thanks for that. Great suggestion.