Rally Chat Shotgun shooting rally/meet - any interest. ?? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Threw it in the canal after that visit to the bank?

OH YEA... Forgot to say... If you have served MORE than 3 months in the nick you can't shoot....
Lucky for me the 3 I have been in.. Stafford, Shrewbury and Featherstone was a 2 month contract and I was only the delivery driver at the time... !! I was 18 and some "shits" of prisoners wound me up by asking to hide in one of the boxes !!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I object to the idea of this rally as I don't have a shotgun or license any more! If the ladies can't have their own rally why should this group get special treatment?

In case anyone takes this seriously - please don't, except of course for the ANTI-FUN sentiments which killed off the ladies only meet. That I do think was very unsavoury. :):):)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err - does the £20 not include use of their guns, cartridges, clays and the trap lads beer money?

It is a private shoot arranged on private ground, supervised by properly licensed people, not open to the public so neither own guns nor certs should be needed. They do appear to know what they are doing LOL - they have an Airsoft facility there too! Just a bonus and a possible advantage if you happen to have them.

What is it - trap, skeet, sporting, what? Long time since I've seen either a pair of bolting rabbit or high pheasant being converted to dust or even winged ............ and envied my sister travelling round the world mothering several of the England Ladies Youth team!

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Sounds good, not shot live fire for many years now, very interested.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Are you seriously telling me people on here don't have a Lurcher they go lamping with? You disappoint me! LOL

Too expensive really for anyone who does shoot and has the gun(s) and certificate already; but cheap if not - a similar package elsewhere will be dearer - I had a quick look and at Garlands (not very far away from them so that's some of their local competition) for instance is £32.50 a head - although they do include 25 shots for the extra £12.50 - so that's an extra 50p approx cost to them! - but you wouldn't have your van on site etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Just read your prospective dates and sorry we're booked elsewhere then:(

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
RIGHT MORE INFO.. !!!!!
It appears that the "no dog" rule no longer applies :)
I raised the matter and apparently the website should have / will now be changed....

To consider this a viable meet I would like to see around 15 + vans with at least 10 shooters.
Enough for a good get together and worthwhile for the land owner and shooting company.

SO .. I will now start a proper list, if you want to attend let me know on here or by PM.
There is no commitment, payment for camping and shooting will be due when you arrive.
No issue if people want to add on at a later date as there is plenty of room.
Even if you have shown an interest in an above post please do it again so i can start afresh.
Remember you can "watch" this thread and that way get notified when changes are made. Click top right of this page..

NAMES PLEASE...

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Here is my list.. so far..

TONKA Confirmed
GAZZA333 Confirmed
CHRIS GREEN ?
AMBILKATE ?
CLIFFANDGER ?
STEVE ?
JIMBOHORLICKS ?
THE ONLY SUE ?
DENISEJOE ?
TEASY 2007 ?
PETERC10 ?
PETER & ELAINE ?
BADKNEE ?
WALBURGA ?
POLAR BEAR ?
JOCA ?
DEBS ?
ARCHIE2000 ?
TOLEDO ?
POPEYE ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry @tonka were still a maybe till Angela can confirm getting the weekend off and that won't be three to four weeks before the event. :)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry @tonka were still a maybe till Angela can confirm getting the weekend off and that won't be three to four weeks before the event. :)

If numbers confirm and the meet goes ahead, no issue with last minute add on's Farmer and shooting man both flexible for numbers,, (y)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
RALLY CANCELLED..

I have had very little (well none really) response and this morning been asked by the farmer how it's going as he may have another potential booking.. So I have made a decision not to go ahead with the rally...
At least I now know of the venue in case other things crop up.

RALLY CANCELLED..

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Yes please , interested, had many a day out with my 410, dad and mates, in those days the guns were on a rack above the piano and the cartridges sat on the top of the piano. only way to put meat on the plate for a family of 5. My sister and I were called Pluck and Gut, but i did most of both, same with the potato picking i did my row and younger brothers row but we both got paid. Request tho barrels side by side not over and under please. Anyone do Archery not these modern tech things but long bow.

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
oops look like I missed a page, never mind still getting used to this site and rally pages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back