Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Whereabouts did you overnight ??? When I am in that area I park up at the Broad St. long stay car park in Leominster....Good boozers especially "The GrapeVaults".:thumb:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Whereabouts did you overnight ??? When I am in that area I park up at the Broad St. long stay car park in Leominster....Good boozers especially "The GrapeVaults".:thumb:

Yep, good pub and very dog friendly too! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Not only is it a free carpark, there is a new toilet block on the corner, and the public library not too far away has free internet. The town of Leominster is one of the joys of Shropshire with magnificent buildings and riverside walks. We shall certainly return often.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Not only is it a free carpark, there is a new toilet block on the corner, and the public library not too far away has free internet. The town of Leominster is one of the joys of Shropshire with magnificent buildings and riverside walks. We shall certainly return often.

Hi,

Leominster is in Herefordshire.:Smile:

OP
OP
Milo

Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp

I stayed near to those polka dot puddles up at the viewpoint in the quarry on Titterstone Clee. Some (apparently) well behaved wide-wheeled youfs hung around for a while, but after that Alfa had left I had all the views to myself.

I'm glad you mentioned Leominster though. Generally when I'm down that way I'm heading to the old folks' in Hereford, so I don't bother to stop at Leominster although I've previously much enjoyed an occasional stroll around the antiques.

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Sssshhhhhhh......... Don't tell everybody!

Although if you haven't been there already, next time go up to The Knolls carpark at the foot of The Stiperstones, between Ratlinghope and Shelve, have a wander up to Manstone Rock and enjoy the view. As you're driving up the hill from the Ratlinghope side, the first outcrop on the left is officially called Cranberry Rock, unofficially by us and ours Lion Rock - you'll see why.

I've lived, on and off, on that lovely, isolated hill for the last 25 years. Come to think of it, for years somebody in a little campervan has come and parked at the top of our drive to enjoy the view and peace and solitude. I don't blame them!

And while you're there, have a mooch down the Onny valley - Bishop's Castle and Clun are worth a visit. You've just missed Clun Carnival where yours truly was busking in the little square just before the procession.

Shrewsbury Flower Show is on the 14th & 15th, always worth a visit, especially for the fireworks and massed bands and choirs in the evening.

But don't tell anyone else............!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
shropshire

Shrewsbury, MuchWenlock and Bridgnorth are worth a mention the campsites always seem busy, not used them ourselves as living near tend to go of to wales. Been to Clun very nice just have to avoid low bridge, sorry we missed carnival we would have enjoyed that:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs

hi roger , we built the new !! toilet block in 1970 !!! still looks like brand new ! eh ,

regards rayval ...:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back