Short Wave / air band listening? (1 Viewer)

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
G1UDR, , licenced in about 1988, class B licence., no morse .Just returned to the hobby, now upgraded to a full licence, no morse needed anymore. Just preparing setup for motorhome and later on 2017 at home. Currently working my way through the 3 exam manuals and other support books. I had a lot of re learning to do and have put in over 30 hours study. Have a yeasu 450d, hf and 6 meters, also a 2meter and 70 cms handheld. Looking for a quad band in the new year when maybe prices move a bit. Current retailers of Amateur stuff tend to sell at full rrp . 73s to all.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Whoops, just realised, an earlier post from a few days ago is on this thread, apologies.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
G1UDR, , licenced in about 1988, class B licence., no morse .Just returned to the hobby, now upgraded to a full licence, no morse needed anymore. Just preparing setup for motorhome and later on 2017 at home. Currently working my way through the 3 exam manuals and other support books. I had a lot of re learning to do and have put in over 30 hours study. Have a yeasu 450d, hf and 6 meters, also a 2meter and 70 cms handheld. Looking for a quad band in the new year when maybe prices move a bit. Current retailers of Amateur stuff tend to sell at full rrp . 73s to all.
About the only way to beat full retail is to go to a rally somewhere and watch the bring and buy stand..
A few within striking distance for you Scottie..

12 FEBRUARY 2017
HARWELL AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY RADIO AND ELECTRONICS RALLY
Didcot Leisure Centre, Mereland Road, Didcot, OX11 8AY.

6 MAY 2017
SERF 2017 – Southern Electronics & Radio Fair (Eastbourne Rally)
Eastbourne Sports Park, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN21 2UF

25 JUNE 2017
WEST OF ENGLAND RADIO RALLY
Cheese & Grain venue, Market Yard, Bridge Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 1BE.

13 AUGUST 2017
FLIGHT REFUELLING ARS HAMFEST
Cobham Sports and Social Club Ground, Merley, near Wimborne, Dorset. BH21 3DA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back