Shite tec ovens.... (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Glad you enjoy it, but it's recipes like this that make me thankful we don't have an oven in the van!:D:D

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Yum...corned beef in a sandwich...not too keen on the tinned CB..do they still have those stupid "key" openers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I was kidding about the oven being shite... As i've said on other threads... it works for moi :)

We'd listen to "The Clithero Kid" followed by the "Top 20" and finish with "Sing Something Simple" with the Adam Singers....

Fond memories of sitting around the fire, radio on... having a family supper...

:)

I used to go to the BBC Playhouse in Hulme on a Sunday to watch the Clitheroe Kid being recorded for radio. Our school used to get sent free tickets to fill the seats in the theatre and we were told to laugh loudly! It was very good though, and we also used to watch Ray Allen and Lord Charles. Even though it was for radio Ray used to wear a tuxedo and did his full stage act. Brilliant memories!

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Yum...corned beef in a sandwich...not too keen on the tinned CB..do they still have those stupid "key" openers?

Yup ;)

IMG_3383.JPG

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I found that bunging the tin in the freezer overnight, when you opened it, the fat was mostly on the outside of the CB and you could prise or cut it off in disgusting get lumps, whilst the CB remained firm enough to slice into creditable thin enough slices for a decent looking sandwich. However - with added brown sauce as far as the preference of two serial husbands is concerned anyway.

I quite like CB too - and it's never stopped me also enjoying far more 'refained' foods and flavours!

If you're a carnivore but don't like CB Lenny - chuck anything you like into a quiche (or frittata if you can't be arsed with pastry) - eg ham or bacon bits, any sort of pepperoni and stuff like that, any veg practically. And Joy, there's nothing whatever stopping anyone trying chicken in one or in your case, Quorn chicken - but the only thing is, what I wonder is - will it all taste a bit insipid without the stronger flavour any of the meats give? Too much bland egg custard with nowt to lift it? - might do better with shallots instead of onion, perhaps?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My God, there are some food snobs about...

Anyone who thinks that because they don't like the taste of something, then it is no good, has an over inflated sense of their own taste buds' ability... ;)

Why, there are even some folk who don't understand the subtle and delicate variety of tastes to be found in a Fray Bentos pie...

I know, I know, hard to believe but never the less, a fact.

"Sad but true"... (Metallica Black Album)

JJ :cool:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Corn beef with bubble and squeek and pickle. Excellent. (y)

Some people just don't know what they are missing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back