Shepton Mallet antiques Fair and a motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We want to visit the May 6 - 8 Shepton Mallet antiques fair with our motorhome but haven't as yet found an answer as to whether we are able to stay overnight (we are researching and need two days).
The nearest camp sites are not within public transport range or we would have to literally just use a campsite for somewhere to park over night.
I know that the motorhome shows at Shepton have camping areas but that doesn't appear to be the case when they hold antique fairs. Anyone have any experience of this?

We emailed the organisers 2 weeks ago but no answer so will phone next Tuesday, but hope someone on this forum may have done exactly what we want to do.

We are also visiting the Ardingly or Newark show at sometime this year, any opinions as to if one is better than the other for range of antiques offered?

Many thanks

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
No replies so are antique fairs not popular with funsters? We now have a definitive answer which can remain in the record if others are asking the same question.

Shepton Mallet have said it is possible to camp overnight (with an entry ticket for at least one day) and to tell the parking person you will be staying overnight, they will then find you a quiet area of the parking area, simple as that.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its been a few years but last time i went ardingly is considered the best by some margin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Missed this thread, just spotted your second post. We live nearby but good to hear you have a response from the showground.
I will have a think about alternative sites and post again in the morning.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi Veevee
With regards Ardingly / Newark. Depends what you mean by best. IMHO There's more chance to find the odd bargain at Newark plus it is bigger I believe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back