Shepton Mallet antiques Fair and a motorhome?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by veevee, Mar 27, 2016.

1. veevee

veevee Funster

We want to visit the May 6 - 8 Shepton Mallet antiques fair with our motorhome but haven't as yet found an answer as to whether we are able to stay overnight (we are researching and need two days).
    The nearest camp sites are not within public transport range or we would have to literally just use a campsite for somewhere to park over night.
    I know that the motorhome shows at Shepton have camping areas but that doesn't appear to be the case when they hold antique fairs. Anyone have any experience of this?

We emailed the organisers 2 weeks ago but no answer so will phone next Tuesday, but hope someone on this forum may have done exactly what we want to do.

We are also visiting the Ardingly or Newark show at sometime this year, any opinions as to if one is better than the other for range of antiques offered?

Many thanks

2. veevee

veevee Funster

No replies so are antique fairs not popular with funsters? We now have a definitive answer which can remain in the record if others are asking the same question.

Shepton Mallet have said it is possible to camp overnight (with an entry ticket for at least one day) and to tell the parking person you will be staying overnight, they will then find you a quiet area of the parking area, simple as that.

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

its been a few years but last time i went ardingly is considered the best by some margin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Hi. Missed this thread, just spotted your second post. We live nearby but good to hear you have a response from the showground.
    I will have a think about alternative sites and post again in the morning.

5. Antique

Antique Funster

Hi Veevee
    With regards Ardingly / Newark. Depends what you mean by best. IMHO There's more chance to find the odd bargain at Newark plus it is bigger I believe.