LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, anyone going??? Is it worth going to??
Comments please ::bigsmile:

(Have hot water bottle, will travel ! :ROFLMAO:)

Ta, S.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Sue this year 38 funsters and their partners turned up and we had a great time, a lot of them have already signed up for Carmarthen which is the other show that I Marshal. I will start a list for Shepton soon so reply to that thread to get on the list. Unusually for a show EHU are available for this show. Full details nearer the time.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry Sue I misled you it was the September show we all arrived at and the one we shall be Marshaling next year. The Jan show is a little early for us namby pamby southerners, especially with no heating in the beast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sue

We paid a day visit to the January Shepton Show this year. It was cold, wet & muddy for those camping there. The show itself was somewhat disappointing, we won't be going in 2010.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I went last january and did not enjoy it at all.

The camping facilities were dismal if not downright health threatening.

Only one fresh water tap, and that was secreted in a cupboard under a wash basin.

Toilets swimming in water, due to spilt water from, you've guessed it, the tap under the basin.

One chemical disposal point ankle deep in sewage. The system was clogged up with schh-u-know-what!

The organisers excuse was that it was cold and things froze up...it was january, what did they expect?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I went last january and did not enjoy it at all.

The camping facilities were dismal if not downright health threatening.

Only one fresh water tap, and that was secreted in a cupboard under a wash basin.

Toilets swimming in water, due to spilt water from, you've guessed it, the tap under the basin.

One chemical disposal point ankle deep in sewage. The system was clogged up with schh-u-know-what!

The organisers excuse was that it was cold and things froze up...it was january, what did they expect?
When we attended in September, the toilet block was clean and dry, there were water points at several locations. The chemical waste point was clean and free running.
But then it was september the site was clean and a credit to the organisers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back