Shepton can we still park with Fun?

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by gwyntaxi, Sep 8, 2013.

1. gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi Funster

Hi Jim,
    I know it's a bit late (as i'm sure pr-booking must be closed now)but will i be able to be parked up in the Motorhome Fun area I hope to be arriving at Shepton on Thurs morn.:Eeek:

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I should think so.... Warners are pretty good...

Ask on the gate to direct you to the Funsters area, and look for the big smiley yellow flags...:thumb:

P.S. My name is Old Mo..... Jim will be in bed by this time of night...LOL...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Sorry to disagree with you Mo on this one, but Warners are sticklers and will not let anyone not booked in with Fun Park in the Fun area, we had this question at Malvern and its a definite No.

Stone Leisure on the other hand are quite accommodating and if there is room at one of there shows you could camp with fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. old-mo

Don't be "Sorry"... Carol...

I`m the one who should be Sorry.... I messed up (Again):RollEyes: you are correct... :thumb:

The Shepton Show "IS" run by Stone leisure... :thumb:

My apologies to gwyntaxi for misleading them.... :sorry2:

In my defence,,, if Jim hadn`t gone to bed so early, he would have been able to answer the question ...... :Wink::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

You have no chance Mo
    When I booked for malvern I did not click on club link fun rally
    When I got there I got put in general camping field
    I went up to reception to see if I could move and a very polite young lady told me that if you dont pre book 2 weeks before with your group bookings can not and will not be changed ever! it is our policy

That would be a no then :cry:

6. old-mo

Is Malvern run by Stones or Warners... I cant remember..

Stones seem to be a bit more helpful.. :Smile:

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Warners will not allow for anyone to park in an area they have not pre-booked for. I can understand their policy, it could be a bit chaotic if they allowed people to change willy nilly. Imagine turning up on a rally you have pre-booked only to find your slot taken by someone who 'just turned up'.

What I cannot understand is their total inflexibility toward their CUSTOMERS. When a rally marshal has acres of room, they will still not allow it, and seem to ENJOY telling you NO. :Doh:

On the other hand Stone Leisure and Event Developments have the same pre-booked policy, but are much more flexible. If you turn up on the day and ask to be parked with the Funsters They will first ask the rally marshal if they have the room, if they have (only if they have) they will do all they can to park you with us.

At Shepton, we have plenty of room so I'm sure you'll be able to park with us:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  8. tomm2

tomm2 Read Only Funster

Regarding Warners inflexible attitude towards their customers , I contacted them with regard to making changes to a booking I had made . I was treated to an ongoing quoting of " company policy " as if it were enshrined in national legislation . No help , no change , no intention , of helping a customer .The general attitude from the 3 individuals I spoke with , verged on astonishment that a customer had the temerity to contact them on any subject . Customer focus not appearing to be in their " company policies " .

9. Steve

Steve Funster Life Member

Hi, question for Jim I expect, but anyone with the knowledge please.
    when I booked in for both Shepton & Lincoln I was asked am I towing anything which I answered no as I am not, but.... what about my scooter in the garage? I haven't told anyone the number so if I leave the show ground will I be allowed back on?
    Steve

10. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Yes you can get a pass out at any show towing or not
    The question is asked to assist in space requirements ie car or trailer or caravan behind your motor home