Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Shell island is all but full this bank holiday, my daughter and partner are supposed to be camping with friends there this weekend, the friends are already there (her and partner had to work today) and have rang her to say that anyone wanting to get on tomorrow have to be there by 08.00 the tide is due in around 08.45. Their friends tried to prebook for my daughter but were not allowed to as its now on a first come first served basis seeing as its already so full

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Shell island is all but full this bank holiday, my daughter and partner are supposed to be camping with friends there this weekend, the friends are already there (her and partner had to work today) and have rang her to say that anyone wanting to get on tomorrow have to be there by 08.00 the tide is due in around 08.45. Their friends tried to prebook for my daughter but were not allowed to as its now on a first come first served basis seeing as its already so full

Online pre bookings are only ever allowed up to 40% of capacity. This has always been the way at shell. This means that 60% is open to those that turn up on the day.
Personally I think this is the best system as unlike many of the CC sites, it stops people block booking and not turning up, depriving genuine campers of a pitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well it was very nice ( Asquith expensive car parks go ) but I really doubt we will ever return... What with the nutter on the quad flying up and down ( a Shell Island employee ) , ONE elsan point for the 300 acre site, ONE working tap on the whole site, cheap wi-fi... That never worked once !!, rules that seem to be policed as and when the 'security' felt like it, no hook up ( ok, that is no problem as we were only there 5 days ), and all in all a total shambles as far as organisation goes, means for us it is not somewhere we would return to....
Of course the area is fantastic, and the people wonderful...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back