Sheepcote valley in Brighton? (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Has anyone been to the above site and know where the buses are from the site I have looked at google earth and it seems a long way I have asked the warden on the phone and he said half a mile but does anyone know if there is a cut through because as the crow flies it looks really close but it would mean by the look of google earth that we may have to cross a field or some obstacle, anyone know please?
Terry has a back problem and cannot walk too far, 1/2 a mile for him is a little too far:Smile:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

We've stayed here a few times, unfortunately I am not sure there is a cut through really as there are sports grounds (fenced off) to the side, you may be able to cut a bit of the lane off by going up the grass bank but I am not sure it would make a big difference. A taxi would probably be about a fiver to the city centre.

Shout if you need any other info about the area as we live nearby when we are at home.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Must agree with Ven.

Have stayed there quite a few times a few years ago and never found a short cut through.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We have stayed at Sheepcote on many occasions and must admit the buses are quite a way from the site. A good 10 minute walk at least. I would say about 1/2 mile from site gate.

The nearest bus stop is just along from the bottom of the lane leading up to the site. There are also bus stops on the sea front road with services going into and out of town.

You can cut through the park from the site but it doesn't save an awful lot of time or distance.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The access road to the site is uphill coming back too.

Worthing is much easier for buses! and pubs!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A good way out of the town

This site is a fair distance from the town I regret.

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the info guys, think we will go to worthing and get the bus into Brighton:Smile:

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
we were there last August only for the night. It is a fair way into the centre as everyone on here has already said. It was too far out for us but it depends on what you want. The day we were leaving we got up early and headed to the front where we were able to park all day right by the sea. Loads of vans had stayed the night I think. It was very busy in the night and Brighton was difficult to park in at that time. we stayed for about 7 hours and payed about 4 pounds. It was fab.::bigsmile:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We have always walked into Brighton and got a cab back as I can manage the downhill but uphill after a few bevvies is just not on.:ROFLMAO:

Love Brighton just dont go often enough.

Sonja

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
Loads of vans stay the night on Madera Drive with no problems at all and a little way away behind the King Alfred Leisure centre parked right on the beach there are always loads of vans, Ok they are of the FREGAN type but seem to stay for ages.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
think we will go to worthing and get the bus into Brighton

That's exactly what we did last year! Bus from campsite into Worthing, then change for bus all along the front into Brighton. You can get back into Worthing until quite late but unfortunately when we went in September, the buses from W to the campsite stopped at about 7pm.

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
There is a cafe' at Roedean with a huge carpark, I have seen the odd motorhome in there, for days at a time, I would bet they have asked the owners if they can park there if they use the cafe' etc, there is a bus stop about 100yds away on the south coast road.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
There is sea front parking in Seaford

Going the other direction there is sea front parking in Seaford. There are buses that run along the coast as well as the train from Seaford to Lewis and Brighton... .. The train is that far from the sea front, smallish place but bags of parking and a very very long sea front, great for dogs at this time of year... Little bit of parking in Newhaven, but not as good in my book.. But all only a short distance from Brighton.

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back