Sheepcote valley in Brighton?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Welsh girl, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Hi Has anyone been to the above site and know where the buses are from the site I have looked at google earth and it seems a long way I have asked the warden on the phone and he said half a mile but does anyone know if there is a cut through because as the crow flies it looks really close but it would mean by the look of google earth that we may have to cross a field or some obstacle, anyone know please?
    Terry has a back problem and cannot walk too far, 1/2 a mile for him is a little too far:Smile:

2. Ven

Ven Funster

Hi,

We've stayed here a few times, unfortunately I am not sure there is a cut through really as there are sports grounds (fenced off) to the side, you may be able to cut a bit of the lane off by going up the grass bank but I am not sure it would make a big difference. A taxi would probably be about a fiver to the city centre.

Shout if you need any other info about the area as we live nearby when we are at home.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi

Must agree with Ven.

Have stayed there quite a few times a few years ago and never found a short cut through.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

4. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

We have stayed at Sheepcote on many occasions and must admit the buses are quite a way from the site. A good 10 minute walk at least. I would say about 1/2 mile from site gate.

The nearest bus stop is just along from the bottom of the lane leading up to the site. There are also bus stops on the sea front road with services going into and out of town.

You can cut through the park from the site but it doesn't save an awful lot of time or distance.

5. sedge

sedge Funster

The access road to the site is uphill coming back too.

Worthing is much easier for buses! and pubs!

6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

A good way out of the town

This site is a fair distance from the town I regret.

Bob:Eeek:

7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Thanks for the info guys, think we will go to worthing and get the bus into Brighton:Smile:

8. welshbois

welshbois Read Only Funster

we were there last August only for the night. It is a fair way into the centre as everyone on here has already said. It was too far out for us but it depends on what you want. The day we were leaving we got up early and headed to the front where we were able to park all day right by the sea. Loads of vans had stayed the night I think. It was very busy in the night and Brighton was difficult to park in at that time. we stayed for about 7 hours and payed about 4 pounds. It was fab.:BigGrin:

9. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

We have always walked into Brighton and got a cab back as I can manage the downhill but uphill after a few bevvies is just not on.:Rofl1:

Love Brighton just dont go often enough.

Sonja

10. Dude

Dude Read Only Funster

Loads of vans stay the night on Madera Drive with no problems at all and a little way away behind the King Alfred Leisure centre parked right on the beach there are always loads of vans, Ok they are of the FREGAN type but seem to stay for ages.

11. sedge

sedge Funster

think we will go to worthing and get the bus into Brighton

That's exactly what we did last year! Bus from campsite into Worthing, then change for bus all along the front into Brighton. You can get back into Worthing until quite late but unfortunately when we went in September, the buses from W to the campsite stopped at about 7pm.

12. Dude

Dude Read Only Funster

There is a cafe' at Roedean with a huge carpark, I have seen the odd motorhome in there, for days at a time, I would bet they have asked the owners if they can park there if they use the cafe' etc, there is a bus stop about 100yds away on the south coast road.

13. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

There is sea front parking in Seaford

Going the other direction there is sea front parking in Seaford. There are buses that run along the coast as well as the train from Seaford to Lewis and Brighton... .. The train is that far from the sea front, smallish place but bags of parking and a very very long sea front, great for dogs at this time of year... Little bit of parking in Newhaven, but not as good in my book.. But all only a short distance from Brighton.

Bob:Eeek: