Sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
As I've said before, it's a great scheme and works well for us. Getting a fixed price crossing for the van and occupants for £54 each way in August is pretty good value in my opinion. And we don't bother to book the return until we're ready to come back - same fixed price. Ultimate flexibility! (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I must admit if we didn't get 3 x face value on our Tesco vouchers I'd certainly make use of the Eurotunnel FTS instead, but it only costs us around £50 in vouchers for a return trip (£108 with the FTS) however we do obviously have to book our outward and return crossings to use them, and they are amendable subject to any extra cost of 'new' time/day being paid for.

I suppose if we had something we wanted to spend the Tesco vouchers on instead, such as when they did a 'double up' (not that they will any more I believe) then it might have been more tempting to use the FTS at £108 return for the extra flexiblity.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
@Minxy Girl don't forget dogs are extra £36 each ( tesco points can't be used for this) plus they need passports @about £90 each lasts for 3years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone wants four in the next year then we might be interested in one (our first trip top Europe with the motorhome!)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl don't forget dogs are extra £36 each ( tesco points can't be used for this) plus they need passports @about £90 each lasts for 3years.
Yes I know, been going abroad with our pooches for 11 years now ... not happy about the 'rip off' dog costs but can't do anything about it.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I must admit if we didn't get 3 x face value on our Tesco vouchers I'd certainly make use of the Eurotunnel FTS instead, but it only costs us around £50 in vouchers for a return trip (£108 with the FTS) however we do obviously have to book our outward and return crossings to use them, and they are amendable subject to any extra cost of 'new' time/day being paid for.

I suppose if we had something we wanted to spend the Tesco vouchers on instead, such as when they did a 'double up' (not that they will any more I believe) then it might have been more tempting to use the FTS at £108 return for the extra flexiblity.
We used to use Tesco vouchers for the tunnel, and it's a good system if you shop in the store frequently and use their credit card etc. But we find the flexibility of the FTS is really valuable. And, in fact, we don't actually shop much at Tesco now, and have just decided to stop using the Tesco credit card for the time being. Our cashback credit cards are the preferred option.

Mike

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Hoping to find someone to share a frequent traveller ticket for the tunnel. We could use 3 and need to start mid august. So anyone interested would need to take their 2 return crossings between late aug 2016 and aug 2017. we have done the scheme this year and for us it has worked well. Please pm if you are interested, thanks,

Thanks, have just signed up with jazzledog so now sorted.

Just for info you dont have to buy just 10 singles, it can be any number from 10 to 150.

Would have been nice to be able to say thanks to judgemental who got us started on the tunnel.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We partnered with a Fun member for this deal last year. Having now used up our share of tickets, we're looking for a new partner.

We need to open the account immediately which means the crossings have to be made within 12 months.

We're happy to take either 4 or 6 of the tickets i.e. 2 or 3 return crossings.

Please PM if interested.

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
We partnered with a Fun member for this deal last year. Having now used up our share of tickets, we're looking for a new partner.

We need to open the account immediately which means the crossings have to be made within 12 months.

We're happy to take either 4 or 6 of the tickets i.e. 2 or 3 return crossings.

Please PM if interested.
I wasn't quick enough! If anyone else wants to join with us for one of these, we could make an arrangement with you - we would like 2 returns per year...

Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
Hi Funman, I'm already planning two trips this year, the first at Easter, so would be happy to take 3 as I'm sure I could use the third. Let me know if your still interested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back