RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
We have been motor homing for around 18 months now and i must say when we go out we enjoy it.

However i'm undecided weather to see up !!!!!

I'm just a bit disillusioned by it all at the minute,every time we decide to go away for the week/weekend the site is fully booked or nobody can return your email to confirm your booking,or when you go some where the local authorities are anti motorhome.

I did a calculation last night,adding everything up tax insurance,fuel etc and it works out at £62.00 per night to stay in the van not sure if that's reasonable or not ?????
So at the moment the motorhome is sat in the departure lounge :(

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Haganap has a very good point. I have just remembered that a couple of years ago we stayed at a C&CC CS that was about 5 minutes walk away from one of York's Park and Ride car parks (the one next to a new M&S and John Lewis store from memory). Made it very easy to get into town but was still nice and quiet.

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We went to York in the summer parked 4 miles out at Rufforth we took our toad in to York and had to pay around £7 for 3 hours parking so even car parking in York is top dollar there are sites in York but it will be premium money but 5 mins walk so you will save on taxis. I do like to travel around the UK and unlike some do not expect some one else to foot the bill for where I park
Well said !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
@haganap and anyone else who wouldn't mind answering this seemingly stupid question.

Is there an easy way to identify car/bike/steam rallies, air shows, vintage weekends etc etc where location isn't an issue?

We're retired and would love to use such events to plan trips to any part of the country (we're in the south-east) but we only seem to hear about them after the event.

Short of signing up for hundreds of mailing lists, I can't work out the best way to get informed.

We go to Europe often enough, heading off again in January, but sometimes feel the MH is underused for want of inspiration as to where to go.

Karen

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I guess the fact that your even asking probably means you're halfway there. Lots of our friends ask us why we spent so much on a motorhome (and still have to pay site fees) when for that sort of layout, we could have luxury holidays every year for many years to come.
Our answer: we love the outdoor life, and for forty odd years have camped and motorhomed and enjoyed the freedom and the lifestyle. So for us, like most people on MHF I suspect, the purchase was a one-off and doesn't now enter our heads. Do you love it enough?

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
As a York resident, we are poorly served for motohome accommodation. Like other posters have said, consider other places nearby. We recommend a site at Thirsk (about 13 miles from York). Very central, good facilities and friendly, helpful wardens.
York hotels and B&Bs tend to Ben pricey. A matter of undersupply and over demand.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back