Shall I get a Cobb on?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by AndyPandy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Read Only Funster

Hi guys,

Been looking for a new bbq and found a Cobb cooking system.

Has anyone experience of or opinion on them please?

£100 so not cheap,

Thanks for any advice

Andy

2. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Do a search on Cobb, there was a former poster (Slobergobbob)on here that had nothing but praise for the Cobb system.:thumb:

3. GIBLA53

GIBLA53 Read Only Funster

Have had a Cobb for about 7 years , excellent especially for roasting a joint as a barbecue tool I think wasteful but still does an excellent job. You must also ensure a good supply of quality briquettes I found the Webber type to be excellent in this respect.

Alan

4. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Good bit of kit, Jim, our ringleader (let his name be praised) recommended it, we've used it often.:thumb:

5. Bluemerle

Bluemerle Read Only Funster

I have had one for several years, you do need good quality fuel as already stated. It is great for doing joints of meat, chicken, i bake bread on mine. They are different to normal barbys and you need to get use to them, but they are great. Also bit of a pig to clean, but i love mine.:Smile:

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

wonderful system but one word of caution do NOT use it in the van, always outside and never in a tent either. There have been several serious cases of carbon monoxide poisoning and a few deaths.

7. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

We sell loads of them, and have the full range of accessories in stock. Probably of more use is the fact that we have used one ourselves in the past but gave it away to one of our friends

We found that it was excellent for two to four people it couldn't cope with more. We have four grown up children :Eeek: that often join us with partners especially when there is free food and drink on offer.

So I was carrying dead weight. So yes it is excellent to cook on, but if your regularly cooking for many, don't waste your money.

If you decide to buy on don't forget you get 15% discount if your a genuine Motorhome FUN subscriber:thumb:

8. tony29

tony29 Funster

Cobb

Hi, I purchased one last summer, you're right not cheap but EXCELLENT. I use charcoal brickettes rather than the 'Cobb' fuel, simply because I had a load. I have all the attachments so can use as oven, grill, frying pan. Have cooked some very good meals. I have not seen the episode but apparently the Hairy Bikers have used one. A neighbour of mine put me on to the Cobb.

9. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Ere.......Eddie.. Do you sell the full range of Cobb stuff as I am looking to buy one. I just saw this thread whilst searching the forum.

Is the discount still available? (is delivery free?)

Cheers :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013