Setting up Alfa R36 with Alfa USB adapter (1 Viewer)

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi I'm struggling to set up my new gadget, an Alfa R36 with an Alfa awus036nh adapter. Get partway through the setup but stuck when it asks to do a 'site survey'. Nothing comes up. Anyone any ideas?
thanks
David

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Make sure you plug your Ariel into the r36 before powering on the r36 , when plugged in you should get 3 blue LED's lit on the r36 then do a set up using set up wizard , follow instructions and the r36 will reboot and reconnect you should then have a WiFi signal ,
The site survey should find any WiFi signals in your area , if it picks up nothing make sure the Ariel led is lit

I just noticed that you are using a n Ariel , have you updated the firmware on the r36 as I think it comes as standard for b and g signals

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Got the firmware upgrade and then could see the AP' s available. Chose my home network and selected it. My laptop now shows it's connected to the R36 but tells me there's no internet connection!!:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
well finally waded through all the settings and got the router and adapter working. Am i going to have to go through this process every time I want to log into a new network? Will it work on a caravan club site logging onto their network?
cheers
David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back