Setting up Alfa R36 with Alfa USB adapter

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dai Motorhome, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Dai Motorhome

Dai Motorhome Read Only Funster

Hi I'm struggling to set up my new gadget, an Alfa R36 with an Alfa awus036nh adapter. Get partway through the setup but stuck when it asks to do a 'site survey'. Nothing comes up. Anyone any ideas?
    thanks
    David

2. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

Make sure you plug your Ariel into the r36 before powering on the r36 , when plugged in you should get 3 blue LED's lit on the r36 then do a set up using set up wizard , follow instructions and the r36 will reboot and reconnect you should then have a WiFi signal ,
    The site survey should find any WiFi signals in your area , if it picks up nothing make sure the Ariel led is lit

I just noticed that you are using a n Ariel , have you updated the firmware on the r36 as I think it comes as standard for b and g signals

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dai Motorhome

Got the firmware upgrade and then could see the AP' s available. Chose my home network and selected it. My laptop now shows it's connected to the R36 but tells me there's no internet connection!!:Angry:

4. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

well its working then if it shows you the wifi signals , its user error that you can not get connected :BigGrin:

5. Dai Motorhome

well finally waded through all the settings and got the router and adapter working. Am i going to have to go through this process every time I want to log into a new network? Will it work on a caravan club site logging onto their network?
    cheers
    David