Setting a good example... Not

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Kool Kroozer, May 29, 2016.

1. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Well i should imagine most of you who have been around the new forest will know that for an area so big its surprising how clean it is.. Being since there are no bins here to put rubbish in... Maybe find one or two in towns and small villages but out here in the sticks where there are wild Horses.. Cattle.. Donkey's and Deer roaming around car parks ect.. I was a little annoyed at this young family who parked next to us at Hatchet pond car park today.. They had two young daughter's and a little boy.. All under the age of 10..they sat on a blanket and had a picnic for a few hours and got in the car an left.. It was only then we realised they had left all their rubbish on the floor for all to see... Bloody disgusting and what an example to set in front of your young children.. All i could think of was what if a young foul started eating the rubbish or any of the wild animals come to that.. I ended up picking it up and bagged it an stuck in the garage with our own.. And while picking it up i could feel people's eyes burning into me as if i had bloody left it there.. Its this sort of behaviour that gives us campers a bad reputation... Rant over.. Grrrrr

• Like Like x 19
  2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I have lived in and around the new forest all my adult life, and can honestly say that what you saw is typical of townie visitors. come for a day out in beautiful surroundings and treat it as their own personal dustbin. filthy bastards shouldn't be allowed to breed let alone enjoy the countryside

when we go into the forest for dog walking etc we avoid the tourist traps because it raises the blood pressure. we often come across plastic bags of rubbish though and always pick them up and take them away.

the lazy dirty bastards couldn't care less that their rubbish can kill the animals they come to gawp at and photograph

• Like Like x 19
  3. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Couldnt agree with you more.. On a funnier note we saw a donkey kick a young girl and a elderly woman all within 5 minutes of each other.. Signs around stating DO NOT FEED OR STROKE THE ANIMALS.. THESE ARE WILD ANIMALS AND NOT PETS.. so what do these two retards do.. Yes go over with food an start stroking a donkey... Idiots !

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Sounds like a couple of bitter old men. No proof whatsoever that these people came from a town. You get inconsiderate bastards from all areas and classes. Where i live we are surrounded but people with £1m plus houses and we are in the country. The favored pastime seems to be picking up there dog shit and hanging the bag from a tree even if the bin is a few yards away. Country kids chucking sweet wrappers up and down the street before and after school or out the car windows when mummy takes then 100 yards to school in the latest 4x4.
    Same dirty bastards but just a different class of dirty bastards. I am originally from Edinburgh. Lived in it for a good 35 years and yet to litter the countryside.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Devon Sue

Devon Sue Funster

Dartmoor National Park suffers the same problem, we have to spend £000s of public money to dispose of recreational litter, if people took it home it would be taken away with their domestic rubbish already paid for in their council tax. We do supply litter skips at a couple of honeypot sites but on a busy day they fill up quickly so people leave their litter beside the skip. Biffa then empty the skip, but won't take away the additional rubbish, so the skip gets filled again, and on it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. iandsm

iandsm Funster

And you don't sound bitter !

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Hey kwaka man less of the old man phrase lol... And who sounds bitter now ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Nope not bitter, stating a fact. Only thing i leave behind is if i need to poop in the woods but even then i dig a hole.

9. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Bugger. No age in profile :D

10. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Well if I'd been there I would have come and helped you. Round of applause to you for thinking of the wildlife. :bear:

• Like Like x 6
  11. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

The 'same people' have managed to get wild camping banned in the East side of Loch Lomond .. including sleeping in vehicles of any description..

I don't think it is any particular social group.. townies or whatever.. just lazy bar stewards who don't give a toss about the countryside..

well done.. keep it up and it will soon be banned all over Scotland.. :mad:

Lomond national park board approves camping ban extension on loch shores

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2015/04/27/lomond-national-park-board-approves-camping-ban-extension-on-loch-shores

This is on the West shore... rubbish, camping kit abandoned and deep tyre ruts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Shameful, a national disgrace.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Can't excuse the behaviour but is the lack of bins helping?

Local Authorities seem to discourage us from visiting their tips (recycling centres) or are overwhelmed by queues of vehicles, especially at weekends, but spend a fortune on clearing up fly tipping.

I recently tried to find a 'bottle bank' and gave up after visiting 3 sites to find the recycling bins had simply been removed - nothing

Yes there is a personal responsibility but it could be easier if more bins or 'recycling centres' available

14. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Jim, since the place was made a national park they want to control everything.

Before it was a national park you could visit Luss car park for free.....now big parking charges.
    The loch, you could turn up with a boat launch it and have a nice day.......now it has to be registered have the reg no displayed and policed.
    Yes, you can find evidence of ne'er do wells ruining things for the rest of us as in the OP, but has it made Loch Lomond and the trossachs a better place.....i think not.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  15. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

It seems That a percentage of people nowadays have no respect for themselves or their environment...nanny state maybe partly to blame for it for some of its ideas ..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dave K

Dave K Funster

Agree about the rubbish although my experiences with Biffa aren't great to be honest...charging additional fees for separate waste and recycling bins but chucking them in together for example...
    We stopped off at Harford Bridge campsite on Thursday night, lovely spot for relaxing for a weekend

• Like Like x 1
  17. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

yes.. I recall these days.. and not just Loch Lomond ... but the Loch where I spent most of my free time canoeing as a kid.. .. Castle Semple Loch.., Lochwinnoch, and in winter when it froze over we skated and played ice hockey .. It was a wild and unspoilt place.. only used by local kids.. now it has a car park (free) visitor centre, sailing school, cafe, canoe hire etc etc.. and at weekends it's heaving with townies.. it's not 'my' loch anymore.. such is life..

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dave K

Dave K Funster

One of my biggest gripes are poor manners and lack of respect, now I'm not for beating children but for me since being able to discipline a child has been taken away from schools it breeds a lack of respect to any authority, didn't do me any harm, mind you having a father that was a drill sergeant and heavyweight boxing champ in the Army also might have helped

• Like Like x 2
  19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I was brought up in the country in the 1950s/60s and learned not to leave litter from my parents. Our children were brought up in a town in the 1970s/80s and learned not to leave litter from us. In both cases we took our litter home with us, especially if we had been walking/picnicking in the countryside on land which was predominantly agricultural. I can't recall any farmers providing litter bins in those days.
    It might well help if we, the taxpayers and customers, were happy to pay extra so that councils/organisations could provide more bins and dispose of our litter but there is absolutely nothing to stop us taking it with us and disposing of it properly. Why should any of us expect to be mollycoddled by automatically transferring our responsibilities to others?

20. The Wino

The Wino Funster

A while ago I saw a woman in the car in front chuck out a crisp packet when the lights were on red she seemed quite suprised when I got out of the car tapped on her window and pointed out she seemed to have dropped something it's a pity the police don't jump on this at every opportunity .

• Like Like x 2