Sete beach parking

Discussion in 'Europe' started by cobmonster, Jun 29, 2010.

1. cobmonster

cobmonster Read Only Funster

Hi guys just back from southern France, I was surprised to find that the beach parking has been all but stopped at Sete.
    There is a new road under construction that takes you away from the beach the other side of the railway.
    There also appears to be a new camp site under construction, so it may be that the intention is to make some money from the would be free parking on the beach.
    It certainly was not the same as driving past all those motorhomes on the front.

Tony

2. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

What a shame, fbulousplace to overnight that was, Oh well, been there and done that.:thumb::thumb:

Attached Files:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Thanks for the update Tony

there was a rumour last year that this had happened .. shame :Sad:

4. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

We only had one night on the beach road as we noticed that all the vans were leaving in the evening, we found out why ,as the night progressed cars were travelling the road at speed and it was quite noisy and rocky as they went by, so the next evening we followed the convoy into the nearby town where everyone was parking up for the night , there was water and toilet dump available there, next morning we all returned to the beach parking area for the day. I wonder if the town parking is still available, there were vans everywhere.:BigGrin::BigGrin:

5. hallii

hallii Read Only Funster

There is (or was) a new Aire at the island at the end of the long beach straight.

I stayed there for a few nights, proper job with marked bays and hard surface. No water or toilet disposal though.

Hallii

6. traveller

traveller Read Only Funster

7. motorvating

motorvating Read Only Funster

Thanks for the update, we are off to this area tommorrow.

8. serinastar

serinastar Read Only Funster

Hi, just saw these posts on Sete, going there with kids to visit my mother for a few days in August, I have only been there once before on foot, not with camper, so any advice on places to park up overnight would be very gratefully recieved. It's great to know there was one on the beach but it's gone now, typical!