LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
It's all going horribly wrong:cry:

Put the motorhome into the local garage for a cambelt and drive belt change, renew the brake fluid and a full engine service. It's a good garage who does the motorhome MOT and they've serviced my car including the cambelt, so they're well trusted:Smile:

Went in on Thursday morning and was meant to pick it up again Friday afternoon, but when I called they said they had a problem:Sad:

Seems that when they removed the engine mounting to gain access to the cambelt, one of the treads stripped out in the most awkward of places, agggghhhh. I know it's not their fault, but to complicate matters even further I'm due to depart for the Ascension Isles on Sunday and I'll be away for the entire week, so the plans for having it ready by Monday night are fruitless for me:Doh:

Had a long chat with the garage and told them that I'm also concerned for the security of it over the week. The garage is quite rural so they've promised to secure her indoors wherever possible:cry:

Not a happy bunny at the moment and hope it'll all come to a happy ending. It's like having a child in for an operation:Eeek:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Look on the bright side, if it was an army vehicle it would be BLR and you might never see it again!::bigsmile:

Don't forget to shut your eyes when you land at Ascension! Those wing tips get mighty close to the rocky scenery!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back