Servicing both vehicle & habitation

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Cyclists, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

Hi All,

I want to get my recently bought Swift Bolero serviced. Both habitation and vehicle service plus looking a fitting a bike rack. As a rule do people get them done at the same location? After doing a bit of research it seems that not all places do both. I am looking at Marquis in Ipswich at the moment as my first serious enquiry and even they seem to send the van out to be vehicle serviced. I would like a one place does all service if possible.

Thanks

John

2. ciderman

ciderman Funster

a lot of dealers send the van out for base service so you are better to source this your self as for habitation the dealer should be able to do this also fit the bike rack for you as well
    hope this helps

3. keith

keith Funster

Very unlikely you will get both in the same place.
    Motor dealers know very little about motorhome habitation and won't have the required gas and electric knowledge. The same for converters, they will not be able to service your engine, especially under warranty.

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Habitation.. I prefer to use a mobile independamt engineer. NCC approved, Autotrail advised that as lomg as they were NCC then no isues. If you go this route just check on what Swift will accept..
    http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

Vehicle.. Assume it's a Fiat, if so does not require a service at 12 months unless you have done very low mileage or want to get it done. The newer engine have service intervals or something like 23,000 miles or 2 years.. I had mine done at 2 years, in that instant I did use a Fiat dealer as felt it avoided and future warranty issues but now it's out of warranty I use an independant garage.
    http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/faq

5. Gooney

Gooney Funster

For my first Hab service I took it to the dealer(20 miles each way and had to leave it overnight, two journeys!!) later on I found a sticker in the gas locker with the name of a mobile fitter who the dealer had obviously called in to do the service, the following year I called the fitter direct, he did the service at my home and charged me £65 less!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

Thanks guys ...first service is 30k miles ...it's only done 6.

Some good links Tonka, cheers

7. wanderingyp

wanderingyp Funster Life Member

We have had both done at same time at Premier Motorhomes, Chichester. Very thorough and efficient and reasonably priced. Always can tell the difference after both compared to others we've used over the years. The last habitation check we had solved problems that we have been trying to solve for the past 2 years and we hadn't even mentioned them as others told us no solution!!!!

8. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Or 2 years whichever comes first.

9. Big bus man

Big bus man

I believe Just Go Motorhome hire now have a fully operational motorhome service and habitation check facility, they are just off the M1 near Dunstable. You could get a mobile service agent to do both jobs but they won't be the same agents.

10. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

http://www.justgo.uk.com/servicing.html

• Like Like x 1
  11. Derbyshire wanderer

Derbyshire wanderer Funster Life Member

Our Bolero was new so I used Fiat Professional for the base service and the selling dealer for the hab service to hopefully have no issues with 'who will pay if it breaks'.
    Now it's 3 years old and the base vehicle warranty has expired, the selling dealer can do the lot as the hab warranty is 10 years so I want to keep the hab side right.