Servicing both vehicle & habitation (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi All,

I want to get my recently bought Swift Bolero serviced. Both habitation and vehicle service plus looking a fitting a bike rack. As a rule do people get them done at the same location? After doing a bit of research it seems that not all places do both. I am looking at Marquis in Ipswich at the moment as my first serious enquiry and even they seem to send the van out to be vehicle serviced. I would like a one place does all service if possible.

Thanks

John

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
a lot of dealers send the van out for base service so you are better to source this your self as for habitation the dealer should be able to do this also fit the bike rack for you as well
hope this helps

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Very unlikely you will get both in the same place.
Motor dealers know very little about motorhome habitation and won't have the required gas and electric knowledge. The same for converters, they will not be able to service your engine, especially under warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Habitation.. I prefer to use a mobile independamt engineer. NCC approved, Autotrail advised that as lomg as they were NCC then no isues. If you go this route just check on what Swift will accept..
http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

Vehicle.. Assume it's a Fiat, if so does not require a service at 12 months unless you have done very low mileage or want to get it done. The newer engine have service intervals or something like 23,000 miles or 2 years.. I had mine done at 2 years, in that instant I did use a Fiat dealer as felt it avoided and future warranty issues but now it's out of warranty I use an independant garage.
http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/assistance/faq

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
For my first Hab service I took it to the dealer(20 miles each way and had to leave it overnight, two journeys!!) later on I found a sticker in the gas locker with the name of a mobile fitter who the dealer had obviously called in to do the service, the following year I called the fitter direct, he did the service at my home and charged me £65 less!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John and Jo
Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks guys ...first service is 30k miles ...it's only done 6.

Some good links Tonka, cheers

Upvote 0

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
We have had both done at same time at Premier Motorhomes, Chichester. Very thorough and efficient and reasonably priced. Always can tell the difference after both compared to others we've used over the years. The last habitation check we had solved problems that we have been trying to solve for the past 2 years and we hadn't even mentioned them as others told us no solution!!!!

Upvote 0

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I believe Just Go Motorhome hire now have a fully operational motorhome service and habitation check facility, they are just off the M1 near Dunstable. You could get a mobile service agent to do both jobs but they won't be the same agents.

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Our Bolero was new so I used Fiat Professional for the base service and the selling dealer for the hab service to hopefully have no issues with 'who will pay if it breaks'.
Now it's 3 years old and the base vehicle warranty has expired, the selling dealer can do the lot as the hab warranty is 10 years so I want to keep the hab side right.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back