Free Member
Jan 31, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Changed the engine oil & filter, gearbox oil , fuel filter & air filter on my Hymer B644 today.
The gearbox was a bit of a pain, having to take off the air filter to get at the gearbox breather for refilling. Thanks to previous threads which helped a lot, all went well. The oil was quite discoloured, don`t know when it was last changed if at all, the camper is 12yrs. old. Over 3.2 litres came out, only 3 litres went back, I know it should only be 2.7 litres, but that should be fine.
Thought I would also change fuel filter while the air filter was off, that was easy, used the fuel out of the old filter to prime the new one and the system primes its self.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Done exactly the same recently with the addition of replacing timing belt and alternator belt. Should be good to go for our upcoming Euro trip next week:)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Changed the engine oil & filter, gearbox oil , fuel filter & air filter on my Hymer B644 today.
The gearbox was a bit of a pain, having to take off the air filter to get at the gearbox breather for refilling. Thanks to previous threads which helped a lot, all went well. The oil was quite discoloured, don`t know when it was last changed if at all, the camper is 12yrs. old. Over 3.2 litres came out, only 3 litres went back, I know it should only be 2.7 litres, but that should be fine.
Thought I would also change fuel filter while the air filter was off, that was easy, used the fuel out of the old filter to prime the new one and the system primes its self.
Was quoted £460 for 1st scheduled service @ fiat dealer ship........me thinks it will go to a vat registered independant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Was quoted £460 for 1st scheduled service @ fiat dealer ship........me thinks it will go to a vat registered independant.

£460 ? Crikey!! My man charged less than that for a full service, timing belt kit and MOT and attended to all the previous 'advisories' that had cropped up in its MOT history. And he's often too busy to work out the bill! We have to chase him to give him money!!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
£460 ? Crikey!! My man charged less than that for a full service, timing belt kit and MOT and attended to all the previous 'advisories' that had cropped up in its MOT history. And he's often too busy to work out the bill! We have to chase him to give him money!!
My SIL is a parts manager with a massive franchise chain........even if i used his discount i would still be over £300....... I might even do it myself ....it can't be that difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back