Serviced motorhome today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by goneroming, Sep 4, 2015.

1. goneroming

goneroming Read Only Funster

Changed the engine oil & filter, gearbox oil , fuel filter & air filter on my Hymer B644 today.
    The gearbox was a bit of a pain, having to take off the air filter to get at the gearbox breather for refilling. Thanks to previous threads which helped a lot, all went well. The oil was quite discoloured, don`t know when it was last changed if at all, the camper is 12yrs. old. Over 3.2 litres came out, only 3 litres went back, I know it should only be 2.7 litres, but that should be fine.
    Thought I would also change fuel filter while the air filter was off, that was easy, used the fuel out of the old filter to prime the new one and the system primes its self.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Irishrover

Irishrover Read Only Funster

Done exactly the same recently with the addition of replacing timing belt and alternator belt. Should be good to go for our upcoming Euro trip next week:)

3. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Was quoted £460 for 1st scheduled service @ fiat dealer ship........me thinks it will go to a vat registered independant.

4. goneroming

goneroming Read Only Funster

DIY cost £77.00:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

£460 ? Crikey!! My man charged less than that for a full service, timing belt kit and MOT and attended to all the previous 'advisories' that had cropped up in its MOT history. And he's often too busy to work out the bill! We have to chase him to give him money!!

6. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

My SIL is a parts manager with a massive franchise chain........even if i used his discount i would still be over £300....... I might even do it myself ....it can't be that difficult.