Service Promptly (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Here's the scenario, I have a Rimor 12p motorhome with a Renault engine, bought from new I have only done just over 5000 miles. The engine management system now reports with a picture of a spanner and says Service Promptly, surely this can't be right!
Is there anything I can do to clear which I consider an erroneous message, or, do I need to make a trip to the nearest Renault dealers?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
How old is it? Servicing is usually recommended by the manufacturers at least every year regardless of mileage because lubricants are considered to have a life especially if the vehicle is rarely used. Maybe the service indicator takes time into account as well.
Steve

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Here's the scenario, I have a Rimor 12p motorhome with a Renault engine, bought from new I have only done just over 5000 miles. The engine management system now reports with a picture of a spanner and says Service Promptly, surely this can't be right!
Is there anything I can do to clear which I consider an erroneous message, or, do I need to make a trip to the nearest Renault dealers?

I'm surmising the vehicle's on board computer thinks it is due for it's 1st service - timewise rather than mileage covered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
It's a 64 plate so maybe your correct, I'll give renault a call tomorrow, thanks.

It may be worth your time researching Renault forums as there is often a user friendly, simple process to reset the service indicator warning light as there is on most Fords.

I'd suggest a late 2014 / early 2015 vehicle would be due a service anyway - irrespective of mileage.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I had a chat with my mechanic about this because of something similar with my car.

He says that even if the vehicle sits in the garage for 12 months and literally doesn't move an inch you should still change the oil and oil filter.

I trust him completely so that's good enough for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am a little surprised that you thought it was erroneous, even at 12 months old I wouldn't have been surprised if it called for a first service check regardless of mileage, to have gone past 2 years (or was yours registered early 15 but still 64 plate) so exactly 2 years probably from pick up date is a result really :)(y)

I was pleased to notice my Mercedes still has another 18,000 miles to go having already done 6,000 since service and will time out in another 12 months time I guess as we will not be doing that many miles I the next 12 months

you might even have a count down timer on your dash somewhere, either showing miles till service or if it gets close on time so many days to service, ours does every time we start the engine (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back