LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
they normaly wont work for long if the ammomia is leaking the fridge will feel warm instead of cold when all the gas has leaked out. leave it on and put a thermometer in the fridge it it getting warmer instead of cold it is knackerd.

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
i would take it back to the dealer a new fridge will cost you £600 ish
We will but I want to be able to tell him I have tried everything. I have lemons, coffee, bicarbonate of soda, cotton buds and charcoal. :)Gonna clean it and leave it on. It is cold and has been for 2 days. Thanks all x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
bicarb is a miracle cure, even get it put in my sweaty trainers and it kills the smell

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Turn fridge off, wait until it is no longer cool, clean with a generous amount of diluted bicarb, dry, put saucer of dry bicarb in freezer, shut door, wait a day or so and the smell should no longer be present, if so if not using leave door (s) open.

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Well, I have a saucer of coffee, 2 saucers of Bicarb of soda,1 lemon halved and a charcoal filter in the fridge. Thank goodness red wine isn't kept in the fridge! :D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A lot of folks empty the fridge and freezer after use, turn off the power source......then shut the door.
Worst thing you can do, the stink after a while will be terrible and will permeate into the plastic making it practically impossible to remove the smell.
Food and liquid spills will eventually dry out and the smell will cease so I don't think it's that.
ALWAYS leave the door open until the fridge is THOROUGHLY dry...I always leave mine open all the tension its not in use.
As the fridge works that eliminates a ammonia leak.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
A dead mouse will stop smelling after a short while.....a rat on the other hand will stink for weeks at least.

We used to get rats at work and the stink after Rentokil had done their job can never be forgotten....... a mix of raw sewage and gas.

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Well, after days of bi carb, lemons and coffee the smell has reduced slightly but it still honks. We are going to ask the dealer to change it but anticipate a battle. Fingers crossed!

I have a question about leisure batteries. We have 2 110's (came with van) and a solar panel. They have never fully charged. We are running on EHU. Always 2 lights left. Is that normal?

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
Well, after days of bi carb, lemons and coffee the smell has reduced slightly but it still honks. We are going to ask the dealer to change it but anticipate a battle. Fingers crossed!

I have a question about leisure batteries. We have 2 110's (came with van) and a solar panel. They have never fully charged. We are running on EHU. Always 2 lights left. Is that normal?
Did you ever get this sorted?sounds like the same problem I’m having now.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
If you have a SOG it could be that someone has tucked some bacon, or a bit of fish, just up inside your fridge intake vent outside.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
guess which silly sod has just read it all
Me too. It did remind me of a customer who booked his car for an air conditioning clean and deodorising treatment. There was a smell but not bad, did the job, all well customer happy. Week later, during a bit of a heatwave, he returned and complained smell returned but worse. It was bad. After a bit of poking and prodding I found a chicken fillet that was 6 weeks out of date in the pocket at back of drivers seat.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Are you sure you've got everything out?
Such as an old Camembert?
Charcoal can be good at absorbing smells.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Me too. It did remind me of a customer who booked his car for an air conditioning clean and deodorising treatment. There was a smell but not bad, did the job, all well customer happy. Week later, during a bit of a heatwave, he returned and complained smell returned but worse. It was bad. After a bit of poking and prodding I found a chicken fillet that was 6 weeks out of date in the pocket at back of drivers seat.
I have mentioned on here before, we were asked to redecorate a vandalised car showroom that a friend had just bought. The office stank that bad that it made big burly builders gag. I still feel for the guy that took down the stained suspended ceiling tiles. Above one was a bag full of decomposing meat along with a huge number of maggots and flies

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
We used to get rats at work and the stink after Rentokil had done their job can never be forgotten....... a mix of raw sewage and gas.
Those corporate after shaves can be a bit dodgy, can't they?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back