sergeant ec500 (1 Viewer)

Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi i have an autotrial dakota motorhome 2011 fitted with a sergeant c500 power unit
has any one had any problems if so what? just replaced thule electric step to find new one doing the same as the old one. also central locking on habitation door not working could this be linked
Has any body got a circuit drawing
thank you all

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have a Sargent EC540 (I think, not in the MH at the moment) fitted in my Swift Sundance 630L and had a problem with certain electricals not working but still drawing power. It turned out to be loose wires at the rear of the box according to Marquis Motorhomes, two minute job.
However, prior to this the electric step wouldn't retract properly and when I put it in for repair the engineer said he knew what the problem was but didn't say what, he just fixed it! I didn't have any problems with the central locking though. Hope this helps.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hab door is the contacts, made of steel and are crap !!!!
Very well documented problem with these doors, lots of owners had issues. I resort to cleaning off the rust every now and then. Just go have a look, bet they are rusty on the door and the frame...

There was a known issue with a "poly fuse" not resetting on some control panels, However I though it was before your year of build. Sargent are aware of it, just give them a call and they can check. They are pretty helpful. Otherwise low battery power can make the step not come out fully, check it when on EHU on the battery charger turned on...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
May be worth contacting John -JAWS- he has had all sorts of problems with his Sargent unit -not sure if it's the same
terry

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi have you contacted Sargent i found them very good (a lot of info diagrams on their web site)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I am on my second Thule step and it doesn't extend or retract properly sometimes. Almost as though the power cuts out before the step has fully extended/retracted.
I have tried extending the run time on the control panel, but it still does the same thing. If I wait thirty seconds before trying to operate it again it usually works properly, but not always.
The first step mounting brackets split and it almost fell off the MH. I thought that this could be the cause of the step not working properly, but the new one is just the same. I have given up and bought a caravan step.
The contacts on the door frame get crud on them and just need a clean up to make them work.
MH is a Comanche.
See the thread "AutoTrail woes" for the full and boring story. :cry:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
If you own an Autotrail with the step close to road wheels then do what I did fit truck sized mud flaps each side of the steps to prevent splashes of road dirt and water from the road wheels.
Makes a welcome difference to arrive on site and not have a step covered in crap.
Why Autotrail designers haven`t discovered this basic fault and have the step retract into a protective box beggars belief as to their skills.

OP
OP
D
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Thank you all sergeant seem very helpful will see how i get on with yet another thule step

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
refer to JAWS if you want to hear a bit of ranting about steps and sargeants.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back