sergeant control panel (1 Viewer)

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Can anyone help us, the control panel above the door was working fine, but the telly wouldn't switch on, as the telly is positioned just below the control panel we took control panel out to have a look where the wires go, we unplugged the control panel to see what was behind it , but then on connecting it back up we couldn't get it to work, what could we have done wrong? That is literally all we did, disconnected it and then connected it back up. Now we are kicking ourselves as we can't switch anything on now, at least before it was only the telly that wouldn't work and now it's everything !! Not so happy campers !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Unplugging it is usually the way to reset them.

Unplug again and wait a full minute the plug in in one go.

I can't remember the connector, sometimes you can reverse or plug in 1 pin out of line.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Hiya Hilldweller,

Thank you for your very quick reply, we have just been and tried this but its still not coming on, any other thoughts please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
What Brian quite rightly means is to unplug the distribution panel (probably in your wardrobe).

What you have done by unplugging the display panel is interrupt the data communication between the Sargent unit and the display.

A disconnection to reboot it is what is required!:thumb:

Alternatively, you could try disconnecting your leisure battery for the same effect!

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Thank you jonandshell, that will be my first job in the morning, I will update you once I have tried it. Most helpful you all are.

Also thank you lookback, if all else fails I will certainly ring them, one way and another hoping to be back in action very soon

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What Brian quite rightly means is to unplug the distribution panel (probably in your wardrobe).

I didn't actually. The only time I fixed someone's problem was by unplugging the wall control panel. Their heating had failed, this cured it.

Whether resetting the control panel also instigates a reset on the distribution unit I do not know.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Hiya, I have had a look in the wardrobe but no sign of a distribution unit, I will search other places , will it be covered over or plain to see? Not quite sure what i am looking for. Thanks once again.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
I have just had a thought, is the distribution panel, the same thing as what I am calling a charger unit PSU2007 or is it something completely different ?

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
it could be anywhere, what modle autotrail do you have?

mines in the top cuboard behind driver, others under seats? look for a black panel with a rocker switch on it, its about 10x 12 more less. try switching it of then back on after a min or so. can you hear the fan inside it working (bit like a computer power supply fan sound? )

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I have just had a thought, is the distribution panel, the same thing as what I am calling a charger unit PSU2007 or is it something completely different ?

yes thats it are all the trips set to ON?, the dispaly pannel is the small one (over door?) that has a power on button, the pumb button and others, swith off mains, take the cover of this, unplug it, wait 1 min, reconnect, switch back on ,press power button on display pannel.

what voltage is the tv?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Yes, thats it!:thumb:

I'm pretty sure from memory that it is the far left multiplug which needs to be unplugged and plugged back in.

It should have a pair of brown/blue cables going into it.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
I am thrilled to say its all back in action, i can't thank you all enough for your help.
What a brilliant bunch you are.

OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Hiya its me again, just going to connect telly back up and see if that problem is sorted or not, the only thing I want to ask advise about is, when we disconnected the telly because it wasn't turning on , I just don't know if the black and red leads have to be in a certain way, looking at the power supply, the terminals are exactly the same, so can they just go on whichever way, is there a right and wrong way? Just better make sure before I chance reconnecting it. Thanks a lot

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Red and black sounds like positive and negative to me!

YOU NEED TO BE SURE THEY ARE CONNECTED CORRECTLY!:Eeek:

A knackered TV might be the result!

Some 12v appliances are reverse-polarity protected by an internal diode, but I wouldn't leave it to chance!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back