DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We are sailing via Dunkirk on Saturday.
By the way anyone using the aire please note it now has bays marked by posts
See avatar

Nov 1, 2011
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
since August 2012
Thanks, Hailman!

Of course you're correct - we are going on Friday 6th, not the 9th. It's just a question of which way you look at it, a 9 is simply an upside down 6 !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi . We got back from 6 week tour of france last week, we did the north coast from calais to citie europe, cayeux sur mer, Honfleur, Moidrey & le mont st michael, & erquy, pleneuf val andre just past st malo then cut across inland Lanfains/le pas, Quimper to Audierne and a bit north to plogoff then followed coast south to Guilvinec, Piriac sur mer, Talmont st Hiliaire, Les Sables D`olonne, La Tranche Sur Mer, LaRochelle and Ile De RE.

Then headed back up inland Puy du fou, Angers, Le Mans, Beaumont Sur Sarthe, Vimoutiers, Veulettes Sur Mer, and back up to cayeux sur mer a good cheap vets for our 2 small 10kg dogs passport stamp E47 for both not far from where started then up to Le Poertel only 25 miles to calais for ferry back next day.
Also stopped at a lot of small villages on route avoided bigger cities where we could and stayed mostly on aries from the all the aries book plus a few municipal & full on camp sites on route.

If it helps anyone going that way i have coordinates for most of the stops on our route and any info i can remember about them is free ::bigsmile:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just filling fridge before heading off for Poole /Cherbourg ,back home on the 7th, weather looking good , lost my funster sticker but do have the big sign from Malvern, a bit much perhaps?:Smile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We Are just waiting for our car to sell on eBay then book the ferry to France meander down to Portugal for the winter until end of March then meander back for June to get our MOT and service done, cooler weather for 3 months then do it all again!
Best laid plans of mice and men, so they say !

Last edited:
OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We are on the Eurotunnel on 1st and then heading for Le Crotoy for first night, then a slow trip to Brittany and beyond.... this is our first time in the motorhome, so any suggestions of aires would be gratefully received!

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine & Cliff,
Likewise we are heading similar way (brittany) , if you have any specific places that you want the aires for , we have quite a list of various places & details of lots of aires acquired off of various sites & books and would be happy to let you have the details via email so if we can help please PM me. you never know we may meet you on our travels , we are over only for 2 weeks, going approx from an aire on the seine then to fougeres, dinan , josselin , carnac, quiberon, damgan, la turballe, guerande, back along part of the loire , then chateau gontier , clecy , etc. all subject to change if we see something of interest.
:sin: Terry & Ann:sin:

Last edited:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
North - South.... South North?

Hi

We sail on the 9th no real plans but visiting St Malo probably south as far as la Rochelle but following weather.

Does anyone know if it's still ok to stop overnight at Marine Parade.

Joyce :Smile:

Hi Joyce,

Diana and I are near Gerona at the moment, but Diana will be flying back from Gerona on Weds 4th.... following which I'll be wending my way back, heading roughly towards the West of France, as we came down here roughly down the Eastern side.

Maybe we could bump into each other and have a mini-meet? LOL. I wanna see Oradur-Sur-Glane on my way but other than that have no fixed timetable.... oh yes I have: gotta be back in Leeds by 29th September as I have been specially selected for jury service! That should be a laugh (is it too early to say 'Guilty!')

Simon

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
WE too are on the 1st Sept 8am DFDS to Dunkirk, and like Mentallis going to Italian Lakes onto Croatia, Via the Moselle for the wine festivals.
Hope to bump into some " funsters " over the next 6 weeks.
Phil and Gill

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We sail 0n the 8th dover dunkirk heading for mossel,cant wait our 2nd trip this year.Heading to the mini meet at inverness tomorrow will probably see a few funsters there.:thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hi Allan,

Thanks for that - will give them a go. Is the marina aires in Le Crotoy the one nearer the town - I have read that the one on the sea side isn't as nice?

We stayed in a caravan site last year on the other side of the Baie de Somme in St Hilaire sur Somme and that was lovely, so hoping the other side of the Bay will be as good!

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine, yes, it's the one next to the town, it's Very big and busy but great to watch everybody coming and going. The other is much smaller and quieter with a lovely beach close by, but a good 10 minute walk to the town. We tried to go to St Vallery but we obviously went in the wrong way and found ourselves driving back out before we actually got into the town so I can't comment if Le Crotoy is as good. We like it and they have good markets
Enjoy your trip. Our van is sparkly clean again after our 1600 mile tour of France. Can't wait to go again, we should manage another fortnight around the end of September
Allan

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We leave via tunnel on the 10th ( bit delayed due to birth ou our first Grandchild!)
Of down west coast then past Tolouse to Argeles and Colioure.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We are on the Eurotunnel on 1st and then heading for Le Crotoy for first night, then a slow trip to Brittany and beyond.... this is our first time in the motorhome, so any suggestions of aires would be gratefully received!

Geraldine

Yes the (harbour) aire at Le Crotoy is great LOL and my other tip is, Crotoy is pronounced crot-wohh, not err, crot-oy. LOL

Spend more than a night there. Take Le Petit Train to St Valery sur Somme, opposite the aire on t'other side of the estuary. It does have an aire itself, that I had wanted to investigate - but the walk up to it from the back of the town looks a bit like the north face of the Eiger ....... so we didn't ! At Le C the train station is at the end of the cul de sac that the water tower is in and you can see the top of that over the trees on the side of the aire. Great fun.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Le crotwahh aire!

Thanks Jenny, will certainly give that one a go based on everyone's comments, and hopefully will stay there a couple of nights.

Cheers

Geraldine

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Britanny on 26th Sept

Off on the 26th September, seems to be taking ages to come around.

Tesco token arrived today, dog vaccinated today, Colin started fitting Gas-it refillable gas cyclinder today - it all happening at Armytwowheels Towers.

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
P&O Dover/Calais 2nd Sept. 6 weeks around France & Spain, looking forward to some good times & quality fishing.::bigsmile:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Landing Dunkirk Saturday evening.
Some interesting ideas here but will wait to see what theweather looks like doing.
Hope to see some funsters on route.

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
wish we were off again on the 1st!! cant complain though just come back from 4 weeks visiting Alsace,switzerland,Italy ( pisa florence siena) monaco, and st.Tropez!!!! had fab time.....Have fun!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
France

Just got back from 4 weeks in France. Be warned, the weeks in France are shorter and a month passes by very quickly!!
No wonder I didn't see any Funsters, you are all heading off after this weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back