Sensor problems (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a swift kontiki 669 on a 12 plate the waste water sensor is reading full when it's empty any ideas anyone :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its a very common issue, as the sensors in the side of the tank get dirty and start corroding. a temporary fix is take off the inspection hatch and clean the sensors, but the problem will come back

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Best thing to do is disconnect the wiring from the waste tank sensors and then empty it everytime you fill the fresh water tank, or sooner.
Our waste tank shows full when empty and anything in between. The tank and sensors have been cleaned already about a month ago and it is reading full again. The van is 4 months old.
I have just emptied a litre of Fenwicks tank and waste cleaner in a half full tank to see if that does anything after a good drive around, but this is a common problem.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mike Eldridge

Free Member
Jan 4, 2015
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
since 2008
Hi All, just joined this site. Been touring for a few years and have now upgraded to a MH
I have a kontiki 669 with a couple of issues, the first is the waste tank sensor reading full all the time. Is this an easy part to fix, also looks like the air con unit thermostat is also playing up as the temp will not increase just remains a cool, but not cold. again has anyone got any advise in changing the thermostat. Also can any one explain the cabling set up for the roof Satellite system as we can get the TV's to tune in
Many thanks

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi All, just joined this site. Been touring for a few years and have now upgraded to a MH
I have a kontiki 669 with a couple of issues, the first is the waste tank sensor reading full all the time. Is this an easy part to fix, also looks like the air con unit thermostat is also playing up as the temp will not increase just remains a cool, but not cold. again has anyone got any advise in changing the thermostat. Also can any one explain the cabling set up for the roof Satellite system as we can get the TV's to tune in
Many thanks
Hi Mike, you are best to start your own thread under the technical section. Welcome to the forum.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Check the other post you made Mike ( in the techy section ) I have made a fairly comprehensive reply for you :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back