Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably too much ray, knowing what they stick on trade-ins. we lost 5 grand after 6 months on our first van then it went on the forecourt for a grand more than we paid in the first place. !!!!! :Angry::Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi how much do dealers take off the bottom line went selling through brokerage
i see oaktree do this?

ray

We do it as a 'contract sale', depends on what the MH is.

Bear in mind the dealer takes all responsibility for after sales warranty and part exchange plus advertising, salesmen, cleaning and valeting and handover.

(and the time wasters and tyre kickers!):cry:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I worked for a car dealer as a valeter/improver and wouldn't trust one as far as i could throw his stock!
Sorry John!:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Depends on the prospective resale value.
Normally 10-15% is quoted by 1 I know here.

They then will knock money off for any work that needs doing ot make the sale, such as new brake discs etc.
Quite a handy way of doing it if you dont want the hassle. I sold a motorbike this way for a 10% cut sale was 3k and I probably would not of been able to realise more than 2700 if I would of gone private with it. Took about 2 months to sell and a further 1 month to get my money though. Suppose on that side of things it would need to be a reputable dealer and one thats not going to go bankrupt whilst holding your dosh.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I worked for a car dealer as a valeter/improver and wouldn't trust one as far as i could throw his stock!
Sorry John!:ROFLMAO:

Oh come on! Adding a ROFL really doesn't make up for such a sweeping generalisation. And does experience of valeting at a car sales give it a shred of validity?
Commision sales are a normal route to market for higher priced items. In my own case I've used Estate Agents for houses, brokers for boats and commission sales for my Porsche 911.
I didn't use any of them until I was satisfied as to their ability. In all of the instances I did go with recommendations and in all cases was completely satisfied. Any decent commission based seller should provide a contract confirming the item remains your property until funds are received. That way, if the company does go bust the receiver can't seize the vehicle or if it and don't pay up it's the buyer who's in the doo-doo and not you.
I think it's a great way of doing it. They store it, advertise it, clean it, show customers around often 7 days a week, negotiate on prices, can arrange finance, fix any issues (will be charged to you), offer warranty.
I'd expect to be quoted 10-12% but don't be afraid to negotiate.

Regards
Doug

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Well said, Doug - there really are too many people who get upset about other people making a normal decent living - I get it all the time with the BPG and the cost of producing the Book. The fact that Mo and I haven't taken a penny out of it in the three years it has been going is irrelevant to some people who consider it my duty to give it to them free.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi at the end of the day if you tell the dealer how much you want ,the dealer can tell you what he can get,which may not be as much as you think,what dfference does it make if he sells it ? I would think you will have tried to sell privatly or you would not be giving somone £1000/5000:ROFLMAO:Before anyone else says it yes upto 5k as one dealer said he would charge on the sale of a 12k van that I wanted, but he put on his forecourt at 17k:ROFLMAO: he agreed I could carry on trying to sell at no cost to me if he did not sell it.2 weeks after he got the van he got offered 15 k and still wanted me to drop to 10k :ROFLMAO: I sold the van for 12500k a week later and he got zilch,greedy b :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back