Selling privately and timewasters (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter deleted-member02
  • Start date

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A new variation on the time waster theme - someone bids on 4 different lots of rare pre-WWI magazines but only wins one of them, losing the others by only £2 apiece. He says he wants them as visual reference material for some design work he's doing 'for a charity'.

He's now banging on at me to pass his mobile number on to the winning bidders in the hope that they'll discuss letting him borrow the magazines.

Needless to say I've told him no, so now he's implying that his feedback for me may be poor, when he eventually coughs up for the one lot he won, which is already packaged and ready to post.

Bollocks to that - I've got all his messages on record and I'll be straight onto Customer Support if the feedback's not right. I'm also going to pay a couple of extra quid to send the item by Special Delivery to make sure it's tracked all the way to his doorstep.

I bet what happens next is he photocopies the mags then claims they're not right and demands a refund.

Where do these people come from?

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
A new variation on the time waster theme - someone bids on 4 different lots of rare pre-WWI magazines but only wins one of them, losing the others by only £2 apiece. He says he wants them as visual reference material for some design work he's doing 'for a charity'.

He's now banging on at me to pass his mobile number on to the winning bidders in the hope that they'll discuss letting him borrow the magazines.

Needless to say I've told him no, so now he's implying that his feedback for me may be poor, when he eventually coughs up for the one lot he won, which is already packaged and ready to post.

Bollocks to that - I've got all his messages on record and I'll be straight onto Customer Support if the feedback's not right. I'm also going to pay a couple of extra quid to send the item by Special Delivery to make sure it's tracked all the way to his doorstep.

I bet what happens next is he photocopies the mags then claims they're not right and demands a refund.

Where do these people come from?

Hope this works out for you, I know it's difficult as well as expensive to be a seller these days...

I've just listed the van on Gumtree and Preloved - I generally love these sites and have made some great purchases, but am a little wary of the scammers they attract..

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
What happened to the days when a mans word and a handshake sealed a deal. Deals were done and dusted by honourable people whos word could be trusted. Men never welched on a deal as they knew that once there credibility was lost, there was nothing left, as only fools would deal with them. No need for paperwork, lawyers and the like. We have moved on, but sadly not always in the right direction.

You have dealt with me :thumb: see we do still exist :winky: ::bigsmile: though I know what you mean I have done deals on a handshake that when I have walked away I know were wrong but still stood on my offer, I once sold a peice of land on a handshake and was offered £10k more and told the guy sorry I shook someones hand the deal is done, it was a mistake the guy whose hand I shook turned out to a nightmare for fifteen years including a court case which he lost, I would still do the same again, just the way I was brought up :thumb:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I recently sold a very rare collectable item on eBay, and was instantly offered an extra £250 on top of the winning price to cancel the sale, make up some excuse and send it to the bidder who came second.

I refused - a winning bid is a winning bid, end of story.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back