Selling our V-line 620

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Milliemobile, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

We have sadly decided to sell our V-Line 620 due to health issues. Looking to sell via a broker if anyone can recommend any companies looked at Motorhome Depot & Motorhome Agent.
    If anyone can give us any feedback would be much appreciated.
    If you know anyone looking for one please pass our details on.

Bought end May 15.
    We had it modified by funster @Terry
    removing the front bench creating a spacious area and additional storage, we think this is a better layout than tiny bench seat, but I know Terry would be able to put another bench in if anyone really wanted one.
    The tv was a drop down, in cab area, again not much use, so we had it rewired so tv is now viewable from cab seats. If prefer original position have original tv and quick job to wire back.
    We swapped solid shower room door for a concertina one, original door stored ready to go back on.

Due to weather don't yet have pics but if you google V-line 620 2015 will get full details.
    In addition has alarm fitted and additional banner leisure battery.
    As standard it came with Remis Cab blinds, 25ltr LPG tank, solar panel. Fixed high transverse rear bed, great boot storage.
    We have a Kella Tall drive away awning which will include.
    Biggest bonus we think about the van is the extra head height, Nige is 6ft 3".
    Pics below show area re-done by Terry and awning.

Thanks in advance from a very sad couple of funsters. :(

Lin & Nige WP_20151010_19_40_30_Pro.jpg View attachment 103266 AdobePhotoshopExpress_f1ded201dadf402b92ab0c247b084b75.jpg

2. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Very sorry to hear your having to sell your MH for health reasons. If you are caravan or caravan and camping club members there are lots of ads from people who will buy your van but at a very reduced price so try and sell privately. Terry does first class work. Hope you get sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Sad to hear the news.. If you are on Facebook there are a few Autotrail groups you could try first at no cost..
    If your not on Facebook and want to forward me more details I will be happy to put it on for you...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thanks, I think Nige is a member of one, when he gets back will get him to post something.
    As an aside does anyone know how to keep the factory fitted reversing camera on when driving or if not permanently on but viewable with a quick click. I'm sure it can be done, but can't figure out how, looked all over settings.
    I think we were shown at hand over, but didn't take enough notice obviously.
    I would prefer to be able to flick it on when I'm driving, well stationary at lights etc to check if anyone is up my bum!
    Lin

5. Murphy

Murphy Funster

Sorry to read you are having to sell due to health reasons, I hope all goes well and you get a good price,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Sorry to read you are selling the van and we hope all is well in the future health wise

I think Peter at john cross motorhomes sells van on commission and he is a autotrail dealer which might help if there are any warranty problems

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Granjan

Granjan Funster

Sorry to hear your news hope you can move to something else you will be able to enjoy.

8. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thank you, hopefully will be back next year if all goes well.

Lin

• Like Like x 4
  9. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thanks Mike, they are a bit too far away from us.
    Hope you and Sandra are keeping well.

Lin

• Like Like x 1
  10. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Well after a bit of research, going to sell van via motorhome depot, local franchise agent, who is actually based 20 minutes from us.
    Mike Randerson. Unless anyone knows anything detrimental about him?

Can sell at our agreed price with a fixed commission fee list for min 90 days, van stays with us so although Nige can't drive it after this week, I can if I'm well enough between treatments.

Will be listening with them once cleared out and de personalised and we get some sunshine for the pictures.

Lin

11. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Sorry you have to sell your lovely van. Good luck and hopefully your health issues are resolved and you can get back into motor homing again.(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thank
    Thanks Anthea,

Will be back hopefully by Winter, worst case Nige may have a year to wait on his licence, but if his program goes well just 4 months.
    I'll be fixed one way or another by Xmas.

Lin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Sorry to hear that. Feel your pain as sold my van recently due to health. After 30+ years of motorhoming that was tough.

Try a classified add on ebay. Instant countrywide exposure for £15. Has never let me down:)

Also you need to.put it on classified section on here properly @Jim will help

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

The broker will list it on ebay for us, save us having to deal with scammers and time-wasters. My main concern was getting paid and we have option of having a buyer pay us direct or via the broker.
    Just being a bit lazy really and taking the easiest route. We might be moving in next few months as well so easier to let them sort the mh.
    If it doesn't sell it's not end of world, would just be easier to not have to factor in moving with a motorhome neither of us will be able to drive for a while.
    Plan is sell Mh, move house, Nige sorted on his meds, me fixed and cash to buy a motorhome suitable for long tem overseas 6 months a year. The 90 days is a chance to sell when it will hardly be used, if it doesn't go will put in storage.

Hope your move is going well.

Lin

• Like Like x 2
  15. golly

golly Funster

If its the same as ours (Auto sleeper), you should have a small remote control that will switch between on all the time or just while reversing

16. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Move cancelled I'm afraid as health has seriously declined.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

There isn't a remote :( its an integrated one with sat nav, radio etc. Spoke with technician at Brownhills this afternoon and he could find no way to have it on other than in reverse either, so not to worry. He suggested getting a reg camera fitted. Which I will look into if it doesn't sell.
    Thanks anyway.
    Lin

18. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Oh gosh, so sorry to hear that, not been on here for a bit so didn't realise.

Lin

19. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

I contacted them to sell my van as there's no risk from there point of view expected a call back, nothing having rung them 3 times, maybe they don't want my van but for the life of me can't work out why, maybe someone might throw some light on why
    Having rung them and given my details the very least he could have done would be to have the good manners to let me know he didn't want to sell it
    Nothing back not even a courtesy call, but hope you have better luck

20. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Doesn't sound good, did you ring a main number or your local franchise?
    Our guy called back and has been helpful, time will tell if he's as good in the flesh.
    He did go on a bit to Nige, but I took over and stated our terms our price and an agreed fixed fee, which he had to confirm with head office, then he called back.
    He's coming to take photos and details once we have good weather.
    I will ensure he targets right audience and he will either find a buyer like us or he won't.
    The 90 day tie in is only downside and if we had been in a position to fully utilise van would have insisted a lower time, but as we have other stuff to sort with health and moving it works well.

Lin