Selling my van - when to advertise? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The list price in July 2015 was £100k
The extras we've added since amount to around £20k, so total £120k

Our selling price is £79,995
If you can find someone with 80 grand in readies to buy a second hand motohome , you must live in a different universe than me, there's thousands on dealers forecourts for less with warranty and credit.
Makes no difference what you have spent on it, might be something they don't need or want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you can find someone with 80 grand in readies to buy a second hand motohome , you must live in a different universe than me, there's thousands on dealers forecourts for less with warranty and credit.
Makes no difference what you have spent on it, might be something they don't need or want.
I would rather know what I was buying and who from, and why it is being sold as opposed to some anonymous van that may or may not have some big or persistent problem that made the previous owners chuck in the towel.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I just had an idea !!!

It's our 33 rd wedding anniversary on 1st September, maybe I could give her the new van as an anniversary gift - except she's not allowed to drive it.

I was 8 when you got married.

Just saying :whistle:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
£120,000. I can build two bungalows for that !!! Lol
But could you visit some of the most beautiful places in Europe in a bungalow ?

IMG_4531.JPG

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That's always the issue with extras isn't it.
However Full Air Suspension and Levelling Jacks are very desirable, so hopefully will attract a descerning buyer.
Time will tell

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
IMO , you have nothing to lose by trying to sell it with an August delivery... someone else might be in just the postion you are , wanting something new but needing to sell their unit too... its like a house chain. If i was looking for what you have, i will already have a MH, and i wont be spooning £80k out unless mine is gone.

However, the price has to be for an August sale not a spring sale.

What do you have to lose.. as lon as you are clear in the advert, its all good .

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for all your comments guys
Have listed the van on EBay

Will put an ad on Fun later on

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I humbly suggest that you should inform readers of your Ebay advert that that very same vehicle has actually visited the woodland paradise of Quinta Majay in Central Portugal.

This must surely vastly increase its desirabilty simply by association...

JJ :cool:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Just seen your advert Robert ,so it's good luck from us on the sale for a well prepared MH.(y)

derek chilton

Free Member
Feb 5, 2017
leigh on sea
Funster No
MH
timberland renault
Exp
14 years
i bought a new swift escape 5 berth had it 3 years had to sell it was slowly falling to pieces door fell of 25 damp in the roof tyres showing cracks between the treads goodbye swift what a relief thats sold

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Very good advert @Robert Clark. I really hope you do find a buyer but not too soon, otherwise it's going to be a long summer;)

We've got 3 watchers and over 200 views already today !!

Maybe people have discovered that our luxury penthouse vehicles actually stayed at @JJ 's lazy lair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back