Selling my van - when to advertise? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Except for not having a sat system that has to be our ultimate wish list in a van. And it would suit us waiting for August but for one small problem. We are about 50 k short or I'd snap your hand off.
If my numbers come up tonight or my house sells as soon as I put it on the market I'll be in touch. In the mean time that's a lovely van and I'm sure it will fly . Having looked on eBay the past 3 months not many become available and certainly not at such a high spec

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Looking at it from a private buyers perspective, he probably needs to sell his van first to finance the purchase of your £80k+ van. He will therefore be looking to advertise his van now.

Likewise, you don't want to be left with 2 vans come September and have a cash flow crisis (unless this is not a problem).

I bought a secondhand Carthago beginning of November but was unable to sell my very popular Hymer model until the following February, incurring 4 month storage, tax & insurance costs.

Suggest you bite the bullet and advertise now and if you get an offer, compromise on a May/June handover.

How confident are you that the new N&B will be delivered in September?

Edit: just seen your comment about the funding arrangement.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking at it from a private buyers perspective, he probably needs to sell his van first to finance the purchase of your £80k+ van. He will therefore be looking to advertise his van now.

Likewise, you don't want to be left with 2 vans come September and have a cash flow crisis (unless this is not a problem).

I bought a secondhand Carthago beginning of November but was unable to sell my very popular Hymer model until the following February, incurring 4 month storage, tax & insurance costs.

Suggest you bite the bullet and advertise now and if you get an offer, compromise on a May/June handover.

How confident are you that the new N&B will be delivered in September?

I've no way of being sure that my new van will arrive, until it arrives.
However my purchase is not dependant on my sale.
I'm happy to guarantee any potential buyer that the my van will be available no later than early / mid August.
Appreciate your comments - thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We've bought a left hand drive N&B Arto from Germany, so our right hand drive van wasn't suitable for them as a trade in.
Ahh that is a shame .. Premium motorhomes were at the Dusseldorf show and we were pleasantly surprised that they took our rhd in part exchange for our lhd highliner

All the best
Kath

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ahh that is a shame .. Premium motorhomes were at the Dusseldorf show and we were pleasantly surprised that they took our rhd in part exchange for our lhd highliner

All the best
Kath

The other problem with trade in though is that you can't negotiate such

All the best
Kath

Enjoy your new van

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Snap our Reg is also YN.. a Cathargo Highliner , would they not take it in part exchange for you
Looking forward to seeing your new van didn't know you'd changed we love ours.
What have you gone for instead

Kath x

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
You are never going to sell that private, no ones got that sort of money lieing about.

I wouldnt bet against that I have witnessed a sale of an RS take place where a 1 year old range rover and a cardboard box full of cash changed hands. 9 years ago I witnessed guys getting redundency and pension lump sums way over 100k there is a lot of money about just not in my house.

Great van Robert No Garage and i have no money so its a no from me luck wont sell that van it will sell itself

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Robert have a look at Bundesvan, we bought our van from them but I'm not sure of their selling terms.

Congratulations on your new Moho...surprised you haven't done a guess the price:whistle:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I daren't do guess the price in case Mrs C finds out how much I've spent

Just do what we ladies do..."what this old thing? It's been in the back of the wardrobe for yonks"

Or "it was in the sale"

Actually that might not work.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

All the best
Kath
But Premium are are a UK dealer so no problem with RHD.

Martin

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just do what we ladies do..."what this old thing? It's been in the back of the wardrobe for yonks"

Or "it was in the sale"

Actually that might not work.

I just had an idea !!!

It's our 33 rd wedding anniversary on 1st September, maybe I could give her the new van as an anniversary gift - except she's not allowed to drive it.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I just had an idea !!!

It's our 33 rd wedding anniversary on 1st September, maybe I could give her the new van as an anniversary gift - except she's not allowed to drive it.

Shame it isn't your 32 cos that's transportation
33rd is amethyst!!

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Which German dealer did you order with Robert?

IMG_6656.PNG

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
So you dealt with Ulrich? He will say the month for delivery and mine was only 1 week late. He is easy to deal with but struggles with post sale techy queries. The service guys are ace.
Not Ulrich sorry - another English speaking guy. Very prompt, professional and businesslike.
Just how buying a van should be.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
That's fabulous, I can see why you're keen to upgrade from the old Carthago.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Absolutely stunning vehicle @Robert Clark !

Whatever you decide and whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck with the sale mate (y)

Oh, and much like @Gazza333 , if my numbers come up on the lotto you can expect a call from me too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back