selling my van - attempted fraud ? (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've no idea how they do it, other than just copying the page, but it seems odd that neither of you could access my Ebay after being contacted by same person, and that the number of viewers or watchers had changed.
I've enquired about a few vans in the last few months that have been scams---even one enquiry via a different site replied that "she" would put it on Ebay and send me the link so I could pay the money into their holding fund. If I didn't like the van after delivery it would be collected at their expense and I would get my money back. Yes, of course I would ....... And a little pink pig flew past.....

Oct 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I finally got through to eBay and reported the scam!
My eBay page looks OK.
The fraudsers have my email address which is linked to my eBay and Pay Pal accounts, which is a little conserning. I am just wondering what they are going to do next.
All passwords have been changed.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Howard has been a very busy lad. I got the same text on Saturday but my email reply wouldn't go through to him.
Great site this - helping us honest motorhomers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
From my experience of selling a van on Preloved I found that the genuine buyer will want loads of information In order to do HPI checks etc. The buyer of my van came up from Kent on the train and I picked him up from the station. He then inspected the van and we took it out for him to test drive. We then went to the bank together and the money was transferred from his account to mine. It was a protracted transaction but worked, and enabled me to get a good deal on my next van as there was no trade in.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp